Not sure if this an issue on my end or a bug ?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JohnKid, Jan 3, 2017.

1. First time having to post in this forum, but. Is anyone else having the issue where they rename an egg or an item, so they name it whatever they name it, but when they go back later to remove the name from the egg in an anvil / something along those lines, or even anything an anvil, it's leaving the first letter on the item? Tested it with other items too and it seems to be happening. It's not too big of an issue, I can get levels well enough, but it's still costing more anvil damage and costing 2 levels each time I want to take the name off something because it's not removing the first letter of the item.

Not sure if it's intentional, a bug, or a client side bug / thing. I've had my fair share of client bugs since we went to 1.11.2, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it's that. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew, or at least is experiencing this as well?

Also, an example would be like if I named a llama May, with it's stats for breeding purposes. I get a better egg or a few better eggs, so I don't need May. I want to take the name off of May, but when I do it / take the egg out of the anvil after the change, it does "M" instead of Spawn Llama, so to get it back to Spawn Llama / what I want the item to be, I have to run it through the anvil again and take off the M, again, even though I did it the first time. I thought this was a one time issue or a mistake on my part, but it appears that it is continuing to happen.

So are any of you having this issue, or is it just an error on my end? I didn't know whether to report this as a bug or not since it could potentially be and error on my end...

I can provide a picture example if needed.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Same. Renamed this head 'Boom'. Then removed the letters and got this:
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. this is a symptom of my fix to anvil repairing. youll just have to type the new name back in
    ShelLuser, Jelle68 and CallumDAKing like this.
  4. Ahh, alright, I didn't know that. Thanks, Aikar.
    ShelLuser likes this.