No treasure chest at X

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by farmerguyson, Jun 24, 2021.

1. I found a treasure map yesterday in a sunken ship that pointed to a location without a chest. This was on SMP 3 in the waste and I still have the map. I noticed someone mention this in chat a few days ago so maybe it is more common of an issue.

I've found dozens of maps, even as recent as a couple of months ago and they have always lead to a chest. Maybe 10% of the time the chests were invisible but they were still there.

When I log on later today I will look for more maps.
    607 likes this.
  2. I recently did a stint in the ocean on 6. I had this happen a few times. I thought it was just me, maybe it wasn't.
    farmerguyson likes this.
  3. Sometimes they are super hard to find and not necessarily right at the X.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  4. I just followed two more maps on smp3 to different locations and couldn't locate the chest.

I'll figure out how to submit a bug report.

Has anyone found a treasure chest lately?
  5. Unless it was changed from vanilla behaviour, treasure chests are always in the middle of a chunk.
  6. Are you saying they're always at the very centre of a chunk? Or just somewhere near the middle?
  7. The center
    LindenNZ likes this.
  8. I had the same issue the other day, 2 other people came out to try to help find it. no luck. I tore apart the entire area, no chest was found.
    Velma_T_Jinkies likes this.
  9. Was this in Frontier or Wasteland?
  10. I posted the issue on the misc. update thread and Chickeneer is aware of it and stated it will be revisited after the 1.17 update.
    Velma_T_Jinkies and tamraaa like this.
  11. waste
  12. It would of made sense it was in the frontier due to old chunks to new chunks. I think it has already been explained that this is a bug and Chickenieer will be ontop of this
    FadedMartian and tamraaa like this.