niiiiice.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Time to get my weeb on.
    Carbonyx, 607 and revolgmoehT like this.
  2. Aren't the adds based off your web history / type of websites you visit...?
  3. Exactly what I came here to say :p
  4. Ads are based off cookies so you see things related to what sites you visit. If you see those ads it means you've visited them (or similar sites) before. I'm pretty sure EMC uses Google Ads and they have their own policy. Here's a quote from their page here.
    607 likes this.
  5. Well, I am 48 in Google time and I am a male so I guess looking at hot women and other suggestive content is normal for that age...?
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  6. Yeah but it gives me tinder ads too. I've never visited a dating website and have no use for one. (im practically drowning in women irl u get me)

I kinda think it sometimes gets things related to your search history and then gives you stuff vaguely related. For example the anime babez thing could be from my watching of attack on titan, dating sites from my endless staring at pictures of Haley Atwell and possibly Alex Turner and having the ads be like 'this guy needs a gf lmao'. Idk. Google is mental k
    607, TomvanWijnen and WardleDeBoss like this.
  7. Sometimes the ads are just random crap for me. I'm currently on holidays in France, and it gives me French advertisements.... a lot of which are for French dating-like sites.... I don't even know how to say "ur hot" in French, let alone the fact that I've never in my life searched for something even remotely similar. :p

For me, it could however have something to do with the fact that I use a different browser for EMC than I do for google search, and that this browser doesn't seem to want to stay logged into my google account for advertisements, so it probably just grabs random stuff that gets clicked on, or something.
    synth_apparition and 607 like this.
  8. So now that we know what synth does in their spare time....
  9. Well, if it doesn't know what to give you, it could perhaps also give you things that are generally clicked on by people with your demographics, I guess. I am mostly receiving ads for tech, and lately I often get one from DHL because I looked up the sending fees a month ago, when I wanted to put something on ebay.

The nice thing about Google Ads is that you can stop certain ads from appearing if you want to.
  10. Ads are partially browsing inspired, and partially demographic inspired, and then finally, advertisers can target our website specifically.

Dating is a perfectly normal thing, so these ads are fine. They likely have you tagged as a single adult male, so therefor you are receiving dating ads.
  11. Synth, it's all good. I like the mature ladies too. It's nothing to be ashamed about.
    BenMA, Carbonyx and FadedMartian like this.
  12. I once used to get Hong Kong ads living in Canada... never could read them but looked cool. Lol.
    WardleDeBoss and 607 like this.
  13. I now see what kids my age do....
  14. can confirm, have a thing going on with an 18 year old girl while I'm 17, she's totally mature.

can also confirm, haley atwell is 35. emilia clarke is 30. All female celeb crushes are >30.

male celeb crushes are <30 tho
    can confirm, i get ads to join hong kong terrorist groups to return hong kong to their british overlords and restore the glory it had before china took it back over in 1997

i for one support this movement, free wales needs me tho, sorry bois
    can confirm, underage teens (unless you're british, in which case if you're 16 or over ur ok) are dating 45 year old mature women, you're missing out kiddo

source: am not underage teen

no idea why i typed this post out with intentionally bad grammar the whole way thru