New Zealand VS Australia

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by OliveHiraeth, Jun 5, 2017.

?

Which is better? New Zealand or Australia?

New Zealand 100% 7 vote(s) 46.7%
Australia 100% 8 vote(s) 53.3%
  1. Which one is better? New Zealand or Australia?
  2. Pfff.

Silly colonies, arguing among themselves over which is better than the other. :rolleyes:
  3. Ikr im so mature
  4. Australia is better than England
  5. Murica'.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  6. I'm assuming you're referring to Australia, the 51st state of america.

In which case, you're absolutely correct! :D
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. Tasmania is better than Australia
  8. Australia isnt a state of America, thats offensive to Australia.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. If Tasmania were its own country which its not it wouldnt be anywhere near as amazing as Australia is.
  10. I was trying to make a joke, I to live in Australia.
  11. Yeah, sorry, I get that you were making a joke, could have responded better, wasnt trying to seem serious or anything
    Aracerer likes this.
  12. Sure it is bud
    RandomBumbleBee and FadedMartian like this.
  13. Forget the aussies and zealanders, Ireland is the best
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. All hail her majesty the Queen.
  15. Let's evaluate these choices.

Australia is the same country that refuses to acknowledge the great damage they have dealt to the Great Barrier Reef, hates the idea of nuclear power with a passion that is extremely unusual and unjustified, and continues to export coal - the second largest coal exporter in the world, and the fifth largest coal producer - feeding what should be a dying industry. The country that, even today, operates some kind of apartheid towards Aborigines. And their politicians and politics are all kinds of messed up.

New Zealand... well... I know nothing about New Zealand besides that it is hideously underpopulated, but likes to protect its environment. Too bad it doesn't actually exist.

And now we move on to England. God, where to start? England was formed sometime in the 10th Century, when the Anglo-Saxon invaders - who had come from North-West Germany/the Netherlands, invaded, pushed the natives into the west corner of the island and called them the 'Welsh' (meaning 'foreigner') - decided to unite their Kingdoms and form the Kingdom of England. The Kingdom of England was then, in 1066, invaded by the Normans and was under French rule for quite some time. During this time, our law system was created and the Germanic language was combined with French, creating the awful language that is English. They then invaded Wales and Ireland performed multiple genocides on the population there, settling them with English people. They then decided 'hey, you know what would be a good idea? COLONISATION!" and so they sailed off across the world, forming the English Colonial Empire. During the English Civil War, the government planned to install a democracy and then hid their debates for hundreds of years when they decided not to follow through on it.

They then became unified with Scotland in 1707, creating the largest empire ever created and also still being the biggest mass-murderer on the planet. As the United Kingdom, they continued to commit atrocities against the Indian, Irish, and other native populations under their rule - it was in fact their corn laws law that killed millions of Irish people and the country still hasn't recovered in population.

Oh, and they then created concentration camps during the Boer Wars, which would go on to become what Nazi Germany would use to commit the Holocaust. We also forced other countries to bend to our will with the threat of economic and military repercussions, much like the United States does today, for hundreds of years.

We also thought the appropriate response to the Provisional Irish Republican Army during The Troubles would be to put trigger happy soldiers all across Northern Ireland, massacre Irish Catholics, and erect walls between Irish Catholic and British Protestant towns, as well as force the Irish Catholics into deep poverty.

But hey. Without England, there would be no Australia, no New Zealand, no United States. The United States Constitution also wouldn't exist without us. The best method of government was also created by us and copied across the whole world. We did quite a lot of good, once you ignore the genocide and mass killings. I think we're the coolest out of all the countries listed here, but also the biggest assholes.

Ireland the same country with laws for blasphemy - that, while it's rare for somebody to actually be prosecuted for it, is still there and is used as an example by countries like Pakistan as an example for why their own blasphemy laws are okay. The same country that has women hopping on ships across the Irish sea in mass numbers so they can come to England (more specifically, Liverpool) to get abortions, because back home they're still illegal. The country who continuously defends their Catholic church, who have committed so many disgusting crimes such as killing babies born out of wedlock and burying them in mass graves, as well as doing unspeakable things to other children, yet still find themselves in the centre of Irish education and politics. The country that did nowhere near enough to combat the Provisional Irish Republican Army. And also the country whose government fails to implement policies that will recover their economy out of fear for their own wealth, while their young population packs their bags and move into other much wealthier European countries because they are on the receiving end of the economic screw up.

Yeah I'm probably gonna have to vote New Zealand y'all seem pretty cool

I do have to say that the countries here are all gradually getting better at my criticisms listed, and I'm sure there are many other nice things about them that I don't know anything about to list. Like, for example, Ireland became the first country to democratically implement gay marriage, showing that their die-hard Catholicism is gradually becoming more in line with what other countries think and allowing them to progress further as a society.

I take it back New Zealand isn't the best because unless you live in North Korea or Saudi Arabia or something your country is bound to be pretty nice despite all of its mess ups.
    607 likes this.
  16. So am I some ignoranamus for liking the country I grew up in? As far as I know Ireland is one of the countries that's done the LEAST bad to the world. I apologise for my original statement derailing this thread, I was simply showing pride for my country and joining in the thread. I had no idea this would cause a spiel.
  17. Canada. Have you seen the clips of Black Friday in Murica or somewhere versus Canada? People get trampled and killed in Murica, and in Canada we go single file, with the employees clapping. We're polite!
    Raaynn and benthebobjr like this.
  18. i was evaluating choices smh
  19. There are +/- 250,000 square meters of land area per capita in Canada vs +/- 28,000 for the USA. It's nearly impossible to be trampled in Canada because outside of the handful of major metropolitan centers it's virtually uninhabited. You're just happy to see fellow human beings. :p

PS- It's +/- 318,000 square meters of land area per capita for Australia. :eek: