New Voting Bug

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Bro_im_infinite, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Have you noticed this?

Yes 5 vote(s) 41.7%
Nope 7 vote(s) 58.3%
  1. If a player changes their name and then try to vote, whether it be on the player's Original name or New name, it does not add to your voting bonus, or even register that you voted at all.

Im asking if you guys can please make it so your vote bonus cant go down if you change your name?

Im also asking the players who have changed their name and vote, Have any of you found a way around this?

Have you also been experiencing this?
  2. https://i.imgur.com/LysxRbu.png
    When I vote on an alt I changed the name of says Whoops! It appears that jarodtheranga isn't a real Minecraft username. Please ensure you typed it correctly and try again.

Then do /p jarodtheranga in game
  3. I am not having this bug but I see what you are saying. That is very odd. Hopefully Aikar sees this thread.
  4. Are you voting with the proper capitalization?
    JarodTheRanga instead of jarodtheranga
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  5. yes. that is just what it says. I entered JarodTheRanga.
    If you go to that site and use JarodTheRanga it does not work. That is the only site i tried as i have already voted today on the others on main accounts & friends accounts
  6. I am experiencing this same bug as well.

Used Abele as a test, didn't register the vote at all. Then tried bluebiscuit2007 on another test voting site, same result of no vote being registered.

EDIT: some sites work with the old MC name for registering votes.
  7. I didn't have any trouble voting on my alt which now has a different name, I just had to use my old name... Maybe it depends on the site you use but I am not sure.
  8. This is not something we can 'fix'. The voting sites check that the input username is legit with Mojang which checks current usernames only, and then sends that username onto us. Currently we only store your original username, nothing in our current database about your new username.
    Simply, you will need to make do until we support new usernames.
    607 and bluebiscuit2007 like this.