New Supporter Website Perk: Auctions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 4, 2012.

1. So if you had a silk touch you can mine diamond or for like 1000 times?
  2. No because you are getting the diamond ore, so no xp.
    Also I think fortune increases the xp if it increases the drops.
  3. Ok thank god! That makes life less troublesome! Now all I see is people getting tons of wood and smelting it with a bucket of lava, but that requires time and effort so that's ok ;)
  4. I personally do not see what all of the fuss is about, with the new changes to the xp system. in my honest opinion, I feel like it is a great step that new system rewards players for MINING as well as fighting. Awarding those who play that game, not just those who have found a spawner and set up a kush system of sitting there and beating things with sticks. You have to remember, you are focusing on the monetary value that xp has presented to you because of selling enchanted items. Something that is not intended in Minecraft's overall plan. Now, I enjoy playing vanilla minecraft, and have very little use for the rupee system until I need alot of materials for a build or something. but past that, money means very little to me in this game. So I am glad that Mojang is adjusting the xp system to help focus on mining, and not just building a grinder and sitting there for hours. Its just never how I pictured myself playing this game.
  5. Could I get a supporter to test something for me and report back to this thread with the answer? I moved the supporter threads to their own category. I think we have enough supporters now that it warrants it's own section. :)

1. Please post in the Supporter Discussion forums and let me know that you can still edit your own posts there.
    2. Please post in the Supporter Auction forums (Can be a simple "Test") post if you don't have anything to auction there, and be sure you can NOT edit your own posts.

Thanks!
  6. :) I honestly could not agree more. Thank you for saying it so very well!!! :D
    roblikescake and ISMOOCH like this.
  7. Auction Forums:
    Delete, move and Edit thread is possible - or at least optional

Supporter Discussion:
    Can still edit my old post.
  8. Is the Supporter forum hidden to staff now, or currently in the process of being edited/moved?
  9. Its at the VERY top of the forumlist
  10. I somewhat agree. However, I don't think that 30 is a very good max number. If it were to stay at 50, then it would take a lot more minig than killing to reach max enchanting level. I mean, anyone can simply mine down to bedrock and just strip mine, or smelt an iron ore. However, not everyone can build a grinder well. Not everyone can go on a killing spree, or snipe creepers from hundreds of blocks away.
    That got a little off topic, but my point is this. Enchnating provides good stuff. I mean, who doesn't like a Fortune III pick when they're staring some diamond ore right in the face? I have no problem with mining giving XP. It really gets the game back to the original mining feel. But by decreasing the max enchanting level to 30, too many people will go to the wild for a bit, mine some diamonds and kill some creepers, come back, and get the equivalent of what people were taking hours to do before. Unless they change the XP system drastically to coincide with the drop from 50 to 30, enchanted markets are going to go crazy.
  11. Nope, must be hidden to staff group currently, Empire News is still at top for me. :)
  12. Down for a bit while I work on the permissions. :)
  13. No longer edit post.

No longer delete/move/edit threads
  14. Yeah the enchanting markets will be effected, but there will still be opportunities to make money from it. Just take all that yummy chanted gear into the wild and use it to gather resources to sell. I really am glad. I do not care about making a billion ruppes. I just enjoy having enough to live comfortably. IE: buy things that I do not want to farm, make locked chests when I want to, open the cross server vault a dozen times a day. Even as a diamond supporter I rarely go over 30K rupees. I've done some enchanting but never enough to enjoy it. I do not want to sit at a grinder forever. I have the attention span of a cat. I think I have auctioned one, maybe two items. I did a couple enchanted picks I gave away for free during a game event. It will honestly be nice for me to play around with enchanting more just for my own personal use.
    Pab10S likes this.
  15. Okay. Someone please test again:

Supporter Auctions should be able to be:

Only seen by Supporters
    Only postable by Supporters (with no ability to edit)

Supporter Discussion should be able to be:

Only seen by Supporters
    Only postable by Supporters (with ability to edit)
  16. We could always democratically vote not to update to 1.3 so that the enchantment market stays unbalanced and the 99% stay poor.
  17. *buys lots of iron ore*
  18. but why should I have to play for hours to get a good enchantment? Why should I have to do something like make a grinder when the name of the game is called "Minecraft" and not "Kill stuff Craft". Either I am creating or mining when I am playing the game. Mob fights and survival are part of it, but not the focus in my opinion. Also, I do not know if you have noticed, while more will be willing to do it, there will still be a market for the "lazy" player. Because I will go out and mine and get xp and someone who never leaves town may still want a nice Eff pick to clear dirt with. Well, guess what, I have it. Now, I do know it will affect the auction community of these enchanted sales. However, whats so wrong with that? Everyone seems to think this will crash it. No it will not. It will just make it hard to get stupid rich like some of the players here. Dont get me wrong, good on the guys who were able to use the system to get wealthy, but what are they going to do with it? I mean, I personally never see a person with 200,000r running out of money, even in a large scale project, let alone these 1million club guys. In my honest opinion, toning down the auction system is needed anyways. Yeah, it may shatter the dreams of some these kids who think that they should have as much in-game money as possible, but what does it matter? The rich guys are still going to stay rich, they will still have their grinders, which will still produce more stuff faster after the update than it ever has, so they will get the first jump on the new market anyways.

I remember buying the first silk touch pick on auction here for 22k and that was a steal then. The market has definitely been affected by players who saw the quick ability to get money, and then flooded the auction house. Now, people will not even look at your auction if you just simply have a silk touch pick with nothing else. The system will be affected either way. Whether it stays the same or it changes, it will not matter. Eventually there will be so many people with so many grinders, I will be able to go to the auction block and pick up anything I need for a decent price. So is it really changing it in a new way? Or simply forcing the time to jump forward to our own eventual future? Like I said though, the money does not matter to me. I will simply be happy that now I can go MINE and CRAFT things gain xp for doing so. So then I can enchant my own things for MINING and CRAFTING... I have no desire to sell them and make money, because I will use them, to do exactly what I did to get them.
  19. Do what I do and go out into the wild and walk from spawn to one of the outposts dipping into caves along the way.. I usually come back to town with 300-400 iron from a 2 hour trip.. xD
    Daffy22 and ISMOOCH like this.
  20. Sounds like a good idea, might try that now! :p