New player ideas to smooth things out...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MageTrixx, May 31, 2014.

?

Once a player finishes tutorial a chat msg states, "Flooding, spamming and caps will result in mute"

Yes!!! 8 vote(s) 88.9%
No. 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Ok so a few of us were talking about how to avoid more new player loss and to help with new players going bonkers in chat.

So we are going to post some ideas here to possibly help. We understand senior staff and Aikar have tons on their plate as is, but these may help alot with keeping new players.

In my opinion, most new players rush thru the tutorial without really reading anything and then within 10 seconds, they log out never to be seen again. The amazing job that Aikar is doing with advertising and having the default worlds rotate is doing amazing. When I started 3 months ago, just about every night, I was the only person online thru the night on smp6. Thats definitely not the story anymore. Tons of new players that have stayed and are now active members.

So well done Aikar and staff!

So here are just some more ideas that some of us have come up with.

Please keep this a simple thread, straight to the point, list an idea, explain it and post.
    Keep it easy for the staff to read thru.
  2. My first idea is the poll...
    Once a player finishes the tutorial, there should be a chat message that states the basic chat rules since those are the rules that are broken the most.
    "Please enjoy using chat but understand that flooding, spamming and caps in chat WILL result in a 30 minute mute"
  3. we should add a link to the Wiki when tutorial is ended... i read everything is the tutorial and still need the wiki often
    MageTrixx likes this.
  4. Doesn't the compass lead to that?
  5. It may yes but when i logged in i was overwhelmed with all the things going on.
  6. The actual Tutorial is yet to be released.
    I am going to have to disagree. I do not believe the staff have a set time on set punishments as each staff member thinks differently as far as punishments go and if the player does not care to read the rules, why should he be in the Empire?
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. I don't think this is a good idea, because it's telling the player right away that if they do wrong they get punished. Not really a good message to tell a new player when he first logs in. It makes them even more nervous and will probable either leave or be reserved to engage with other members with fear of doing something wrong.

~Kia
    AlexChance likes this.