New Gang in Town

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FormlessTech, Dec 8, 2012.

1. prob.png
  2. Its a group WHATEVER, seriously you guys are over thinking this.
    I just want the Yakuza to be like the EMC Mafia.
  3. I'd like to join.
  4. Do you live in Smp9?
  5. I can, i do have one extra res to cliam.
  6. besides, i need a homeserver. why not smp9?
  7. Ok, Ill send you pm.
  8. By the way, how is this supposed to "help" the economy?
  9. Sorry my bad, just watch your tone.
  10. By setting up stores with fair prices, and buying from other stores, too.
  11. sorry
  12. im a member of the emc mafia, lets just get that out there.

heres a few thoughts from me...

As a "mafia" member, ive been criticized by all kinds of players about our intentions and the kind of things we do. Anyone who thinks that either the "mafia" or "yakuza" endorses any sort of malicious activity, clearly doesnt know what either of the "groups" intentions are. As mentioned before, we are ALL merely a group of shop owners who aim to help each other out. We like to participate in group activities and things like that. Nothing more.

Secondly, id like to inform everyone (either mafia, yakuza, or no affiliation) that the EMC Mafia is really falling apart. Im speaking specifically about smp9. I dont know about any of the other servers. Most of our higher ranking members have either stopped playing, or have been perma-banned. Essentially the mafia has fallen apart...completely. The structure is gone, the leadership is gone, and its all gone downhill. Its only a matter of time before the entire group disbands from the mafia.

Third, id like to openly "suggest" a possible merge. At least just for SMP9. I think it could potentially be a good thing for both groups, considering that yakuza has more leadership already that mafia currently has, and yakuza, being fairly new, could use a boost with its members. Many people are considering resigning from the mafia because it doesnt have any real value left. The original idea of the mafia is so far gone at this point that nobody really knows whats going on.

Like i said, maybe im crazy, or maybe im spot on, idk. Either way, its getting pretty crazy.
  13. To the 'Gang', 'Mafia', and 'Yakuza' Members - and Members-to-be .... I understand your intentions are good - but none of the names in real life are seen as good.

Gang's only help each other 'within the family' but if a family member betrays each other they are punished (by death normally) ... to people 'outside the family' he/she normally kills, steals, (does naughty things to), or recruits ...

All of these names - A gang or mafia, are seen as acts of bad intentional, mischievial acts.
    If you want to not come across as bad, please do all of the following:
    • Change your group name to something more appropriate like FormlessTech's Shop Support Group, etc.
    • Have a mod change the title to recruiting members to help in our (club,group,etc)
    • Lastly, (I know I can't tell you what to do in real life) but please don't follow the ways of the mafia's and gangs - I've personally been asked to join both a mafia and a few gang's in real life ... it's scary enough being asked - but to fear what would happen after you join... it could bother you for the rest of your life.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but just reconsider your whole 'naming processes' ...
    -eklektoi
  14. I understand your position on this. If a player sees the word "mafia" or any other "group" word that is related, it could be misconstruded as being bad. It wouldnt be a bad idea to change the name, considering that it might be "unapplealing" to people who dont know what its really about. Sure, all of us here know the real intentions, but like i said, someone who doesnt know, simply doesnt know. You know?
  15. I couldn't say it better but, to the members, look at it this way.

I, as well as most - if not all - of the staff, are minecraft players as well as staff members.

As a player, if I see that someone is part of a "gang, mafia, yakuza" or what have you, I'm not going to have high trust in them strictly because of the negative connotation of the name. I'd question why they made that name choice, versus some other option. I'm going to wonder about their intentions behind the scenes. (I realize that it's just a group of players working together, just pointing that out.) If EMC builders union shows up to help me with a project, I'm going to feel more comfortable than if the EMC Mafia does.

As a staff member, I normally don't open every thread on the forums. Insert "Ain't nobody got time for that" here. However, I see EMC Yakuza, and open it to see what the intentions are. There's NOTHING wrong with the group, but realize what you're digging yourself into. Associating yourselves with a group known primarily for misdeeds is going to relate you to that group - and by correlation misdeeds as well.
  16. Haha, just your player name makes me think "Imperial"
  17. so i guess ill be seeing a thread about suggestions for name changes?
  18. Koala Bears United.
    napoleon3665 and 72Volt like this.
  19. Napolean Dynobears :p

napoleon3665 and jkjkjk182 like this.