New donation feature + next updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Thank you for that wonderful and appropriate image. HAHAHA!
  2. you are welcome :p
  3. I swim through the rupee coding all the time.
  4. cnquast and ob1bob69 like this.
  5. so, if i donate $5 i get 1.5k right?
    well if i get iron supporter ($5/month) i get 300 extra rupees per day (each of the 30 days month) therefore i get 300x30= 9k
    So, why is that so unballanced?
  6. #Awesome! :)
    I can not wait to start the official discussion on building this server. :)
    I am extremely interested in this server! :D
  7. It wasn't meant to compete with supporter memberships. This is more for the people that want rupees right NOW. Also, a lot of supporters (and others) have asked us for a donation button that allows for people to donate without getting any membership perks. We thought adding a rupee slider to it would just be a bit more fun. :)
  8. Indeed it's an awesome slider in there xD
    but, maybe making some bigger values? because by selling some stuff you can get 1.5k easy, idk if you guys get my poing :p
    gtabmx likes this.
  9. Is prolly the best and most compact way to do it.
    gtabmx likes this.
  10. your point = the value of real money vs rupees is off balanced in some areas (i.e. supporter perks vs. donating)

our point= the donation feature lets you get rupees with no effort, and provides the server with extra money. You pay extra for the option, because it is convenient and instant. yeah, iron supporter for the same price gets 9k over 30 days. but.. $5 donation gets 1.5k in your virtual pocket now.

Its your rupees, get in when you need it.
    gtabmx and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  11. Think of it like this. I could go to the grocery store and buy hot dogs and buns and items and then cook those items when I get home.

Or, I could pay $2.00 at the gas station down the street and get my delicious hotdog now. :p
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  12. True :)
  13. LOL
    so true :p
  14. Ah, Duck Tales. Wahoo.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  15. Guys please understand. This is not about BUYING rupee. It is about DONATING to the server. It is a second opportunity to say thank you. This is because you can only get supporter rank once, so people asked how they can now keep donating.

Many might think hay you can donate 20$ a month isn't that enough, but to be fair. Just take another hobby. Don't even start with any sportsclub or animal hobby like riding, they are way of scale, but lets start for instant with reading. Considering the amount of played time many of us have. Reading probalby would use up 5 and more books a month. So would your hobby just be reading you would be paying for 5-6 books (like 50-60$) a month taking the time we play mc.
    So some people come to the conclusion, that it would be fair to give the same amount to their hobby mc and that would be more then 20$, also people like to aid the community and new features. That is what the new feature is for.

It is definitly not for lazy guys, who think , great now I can buy everything in shops and never have to leave town again and it doesnt even cost me alot of money. If staying in town beeing lazy is what you are looking for go for it. 100$ and you can live like 2 month from it.... If this is, what you play SMP for... good.
  16. FINALLY!!!! :D when I get a card I'ma work for 500 dollars + and get me some rupees :D
  17. This is great, except I'm wondering if it's this or the fiasco of yesterday that is responsible for my entire Rupees history becoming MIA? Maybe this has been answered somewhere already and I just need to read more stuff.
  18. This was the server issue from yesterday. While it does suck that it was lost, we're also lucky that IT was what became broken during the server issue, as it didn't affect anything else, like ACTUAL transactions for example.
  19. Y'know, I went back and re-read Justin's explanation thread and he says that pretty clearly in grey and white for anyone to see. Apparently I just need to set my brain to "Comprehension Mode."
  20. Yes I am sorry, this was because of the data corruption yesterday :'(