New donation feature + next updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Well, I wonder how much they will go up. I think things can get pretty expensive... :p
  2. I know it probably wont happen, but it would be very interesting if there were a running total available to see how much real money has been gained by the Buy Rupees function.
  3. I could maybe do something like this if it was just a total. I know some servers show each person and how much they contributed, but I think that kind of sucks.
  4. I don't get why 60,000 rupees is 100$ If you can just buy a month of diamond supporter for 20$ and get about 40,000 plus other bonuses, I think the $ to rupee amount should be better.....
  5. Its not meant to compete with the supporter memberships. Its meant to be a gift for donating :)
  6. I already said that, sorry mate :p Dont steal mi jokes.... eva!

d1223m likes this.
  7. Er... if you don't have the staff to deal with it then you are, by default, "allowing" it. Now, I'll admit it'd be hard to set up, unlike WOW gold-selling--there's no way to coordinate things except in-game or via forum PM--but someone with the intent to do it will find a way. Sale by the server effectively sets a price for a parallel economy. The price would obviously be higher (likely by a factor of 5x or so), but the black market will exist. Just a suspicion/worry.
  8. Is it possible? yes. Probable? not yet.

Later down the line i can see this going on. but right now this is really small compared to WoW lol.

The extra donations are, as said, just for donating. the rupees are only a small bonus.
  9. Thank you, my math is almost never wrong.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  10. Dang... I knew I should have used a TI-89
    d1223m, nnnnmc1 and EdmundWayne like this.
  11. I know for a for a fact that its already happened, and a person who is doing it. Sorry for the gigantic hyperlink, but i had to google translate the page.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/Empire-Minecraft-Server-EmpireMinecraft-Virtual-Currency-10-000-Rupees-/280810979240&ei=-QtIT6rTIcX0sQKw25jrCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQ7gEwADgK&prev=/search?q=buy+rupees+azoundria&start=10&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lrj&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&biw=1366&bih=664&prmd=imvns
  12. Heeeeyyyyy dollars, I'm British I deal with pounds ( curency All ways confuses me)
  13. Enjoy it then as our fine Sterling is worth far more than their puny Dollar-pretend-money-thing. :D
  14. A final total would be perfect. As I say, no real reason to do it other than curiosity and I guess a sense of satisfaction to know that EMC is doing well out of it.
  15. I know, I know. I'm just saying most people will just go with supporter, maybe you should have a special 'upgrade' or
    limited 'sale' to get more money for donations, I think lots of people would get enthusiasic about the idea and about donating to the empire. :)
  16. Yea Justin that would be good, some server put up a running total plus how much they actually need for the month. Maybe it would be a good idea to have the monthly goal included to, it would add an incentive for players who love emc to do something good for the community and donate some money :)
  17. We spoke with the person who was doing this and asked them to stop back around that time and they were respectful and complied. I do think this is the only case where someone has tried to go around it.

Just a general warning with things like this. We here at EMC ask that you do not make payments/donations for anything EMC related unless you see it on our website. We can't protect against any scams or fraud that may happen with it, nor are we able to help resolve it.
  18. LMAO The entrepreneurship of people these days :p
  19. omg we become so famous. someone pretend to be EMC on ebay :eek:
    GameKribJEREMY and JustinGuy like this.
  20. awesome this server is getting better and better whats next??????