New Buy Shop Signs Are Annoying

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Jul 14, 2016.

?

Confirmations For Purchases?

Never Confirm Purchases 1 vote(s) 11.1%
Confirm If Custom Name, Only Once 5 vote(s) 55.6%
Confirm Only Once For All Items 1 vote(s) 11.1%
Confirm If Custom Name, For Every Click 1 vote(s) 11.1%
Confirm For All Items With Every Click 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. I notice quite often, and I think it's certain items, the shops repeatedly confirm if you want to buy the item each and every time. I think this is a bug because I noticed that many items don't do this. Like Andesite will not ask for a confirmation but Polished Andesite seems to. I don't know why the confirmation is needed if the sign already says the right item.

In any case, if you click to buy an item from the same sign, it doesn't make sense to ask you each time. You already know that you're buying the item. This gets really tedious if the item is sold in quantities of 1. Each confirmation adds about 7 lines to the chat log. It was possible to miss chat before if someone talked while you were buying stuff. Now it's almost guaranteed.

Is it possible to keep track of the last sign a logged-on player bought from and not display a confirmation if they click on that sign again? You must already keep track of the fact they clicked the sign once to let the second click do the purchase, so why not just leave that status set so all clicks after the first one will do a purchase without confirming?
  2. I haven't really done anything with the new choose shop system but from what I've read and what you've said here, it does seem it would become a tedious task to bulk buy certain objects through this method and perhaps a secondary option has to be added to prevent Chat Spam/Console Log Spam (if anyone uses such mods).

+1 :)
  3. To be clear, this is happening with shops that are just set up normally (ie Polished Andesite on the last line.), no choose or # or custom names.
  4. There should not be any confirmation when you buy regular items like Polished Andesite.

Confirmation should only be for custom items.
  5. I tried and I can reproduce this issue, you might want to report this to Chickeneer just to confirm, because it sure sounds like a bug to me. Polished andesite is not that much different from regular andesite so it should be treated as such.

I'm going to do a few more tests to see if I can discover a pattern but other than that: I'm pretty convinced that this is a bug.
    Patr1cV and Faithcaster like this.
  6. polished shouldnt trigger it, but did you type the name itself or let the sign generate it for you?

there is code in place that if the sign name matches the same name the normal way of creating shop signs would do (for items w/o special item meta), then it would not require confirmation..

But beyond that, we also will be adding a new shop feature soon, that will allow you to have multiple quantities avail on a single shop sign like:

1,8,16,32,64 so the buyer/seller can choose how much to buy/sell in a single shop transaction.
    (Price would be based on the first quantity option, then scale towards that. Though this would require the shop to give up the concept of discounts for higher quantities, so it will be your choice to use multiple signs or not)
    Roslyn, Krysyy, Vortixin and 2 others like this.
  7. I was actually thinking of suggesting this feature but figured it would be already in dev lol.
  8. Generated it (use # and left click the item) and even typing the ID manually does the same thing. I can fully reproduce this bug, was going to write a bug report later.

So far haven't been able to find a pattern here. This is a different stone type (1:2 from top of my mind) but this same behavior doesn't happen with different wood (wooden planks) types. Which, as far as I can tell, is the only matching aspect between the two.

I still need to try using brick / bricks, nether bricks and slime blocks.
    Patr1cV likes this.