New and overwhelmed, need advice

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by linda092, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I started by claiming a plot in Town. It is pretty large, so I'm happy about that. I like to spread my claim over a large area, though. Once I took over a villager town, and made it my own with a castle, animal farming etc. I'm more into mining and collecting, rather than building fancy.

I planted a bunch of trees on my land, just to get more wood for a house. If I dig straight down, there will be no caves and such? I enjoy finding a piece of land and molding it with underground tree farms and whatever nooks and tunnels I can find.

Any suggestions? I am usually available to be online 8 am to 8 pm EST (in new jersey)

Last thought: thinking of changing my name lol. I might as well have a name that will be permanent from the beginning :) Is there something called a nickname, where Mojang has my username but I can use a different name here?
  2. It sounds like you are a player who enjoys the wilderness living, rather than in-town living. No worries. We have a way for you to play your way on EMC.

Just travel out to the Frontier on your chosen SMP. Note: Frontier and NOT wastelands. Choose an area uninhabited by other players (go at least 5k away from any official outpost so you can establish it officially later). Then turn on your buildmode and start building. You can dig, etc to find caves and everything you normally would in the Frontier wilderness. Beware though! We just added some more monsters that will be trying to get you while you are in the wilderness. You can change your difficulty to 1 with /ps in the meantime, or at least until you feel a little more confident in your ability to tackle an Enraged Mob.

This should help you get started, in addition to your new player items set. If you don't have these, type /promo newplayer to claim yours and good luck on your adventure!

As for the username, I really like your current one. We don't have a way for players to change their name in-game, so you can change it with Mojang if you don't like it anymore.
    Echelon815, TuckerAmbr, 607 and 4 others like this.
  3. yeah and if you need advice just pm somebody most people will be glad to help i know i certainly would be happy to help if i can
    607, Noebadi and Windylava like this.
  4. Just to add on, if you build in the wild and want to protect your builds from grief then make sure to type /buildmode. This almost anything you place protected and only you (or those you approve) can break those blocks. Some blocks still can be broken though, such as sand if you place sand in buildmode and the block beneath it is broken, then that sand will still fall.

Here is more info: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/anti-grief/
    607, Noebadi and MoreMoople like this.
  5. I see what you did there
    607, Noebadi, MoreMoople and 2 others like this.
  6. actually kryssy she can turn off enraged and boss spawns with /ps
    Noebadi likes this.
  7. MoreMoople, 607, Noebadi and 3 others like this.
  8. Thanks for the help! Frontier sounds like the way to go.