Nether Hounds Are Very Laggy

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KillerBobDole, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hello,
    I'd like to report and discover if there are any methods of curing server lag as much I can at my end.

But first off, Nether Hounds. I believe there's something wrong with them.. Although my ping seems to average around 120, the hounds are extremely laggy. Like, they move one block every 0.7 seconds and my attacks aren't hitting them while everything else around me (pigmen, lava slimes and ghasts) are moving very smoothly. The hounds start to bug out once they're in aggression mode after the message "The Nether Hounds Call For Assistance" and/or after they howl out to summon assistance.

This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've never taken the time to mention or do anything about it besides arriving back at my base with bite marks lolll

I'd also like to point out that my local difficulty is typically set to 7 when I encounter the MOBS in the nether. When the hounds are summoned due to my proximity, when slain, I'm shown that their difficulty was set to 5. I believe there's a lack of programming for the nether hounds and I want to make it out in the open now. Thank you.

P.S: If you believe I can improve my ping, please, don't hesitate any suggestions. Either from Staff to new EMC members. Your opinion matters and I will personally address you if it is effective or not.
    Thanks a lot :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. I personally have that issue too, but not as extreme as yours sounds, for me they dont move for a second then move really fast, which im not sure if it is intended or is a feature. My ping is generally between 10 and 80, but ive noticed no correlation between ping and their movement speed. Normally my diffucutly is set to 7 but it does say the level is 5, same for a few other bosses ive fought, its good to see that its not only happening to me tho
    KillerBobDole and TechNinja_42 like this.
  3. man i know a really cool magic trick.....
    do /ps-> then click survival-> then turn off enraged spawns :D
    u will not c another nether hound unless u are with other people :D
  4. Thanks for your input guys, much obliged.

@Crazy_X_gamer,
    I do understand that your setting change will remove the annoyance of the Nether Hounds harassing me, but I do not wish to eliminate them. In fact, I like the challenge and the chance to receive free diamonds upon slaying a few of them.
    The point of my report is that they're buggy and require further inspection and testing. It's been like this for a very long time now and I believe it deems necessary to be looked into.
    I appreciate your assistance though. I'm open to any other suggestions as well as improvements to server connectivity. I am willing to answer most questions.

Thank you!:)
  5. I completely understand that u would still want to c them but i have 4 fighting strats that work super well
    1 pillar and shoot
    2 pillar and hit
    3 tower up and hide
    4 try block running :D , sprint jumpand place blocks
  6. Lol Thanks again, Crazy_X_gamer.
    Though, the point of my report has to do with buggy Nether Hounds and how I can improve my ping connectivity with the server. Not how to deal with the Nether Hounds around the issue, as you continue to show.