Need Laptop Suggestions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by journeynaut, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Try aiming for getting a hp. They're good computers and laptops. But don't get a mac! They are so confusing! My school has them, but they could've saved so much more money just getting pcs. Ya... suggest getting a nice hp maybe... or another kind. Anything with a good rating is great to get.
  2. Macs aren't confusing. :p It's just personal preference and what you are used to.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  3. Yes, it's confusing for me. They have all the stuff at the bottom of the screen and when you click on one it bounces up and down... it's so weird! I just want to stick with a pc! Forget the Apple stuff for me...
  4. Can I like this a second time please? :p Sweetie, its not that their operating system is inferior, its just that you're not used to it. I grew up on PC's but when I switched to Macs a few years back it took me almost a week to get used to it, but once I did I found it preferable. Its really just personal preference though, that doesn't make something confusing.

Looks like you found something right for you Hylian, that Sony looks perfect for what you were describing. Hope you enjoy it :)
    penfoldex likes this.
  5. I had already ruled out Macs before I even started looking. I don't know why I would want to pay double for a computer status symbol that has a terrible closed system OS on it. And speaking of a bad OS, I was disappointed when I realized that every laptop has Windows 8 on it. Sigh, I guess I will get used to it.
    xoluss, Palmsugar and cddm95ace like this.
  6. My pc only has Windows 7. I don't know what 8 is like.

Look at this neat laptop! Only about $399 on BestBuy. And it's not Dell! :D Just giving you an option.
  7. AMD is horrible,slow and a joke...
  8. Dell is a better choice...
  9. Dell has been sucking! hp has been doing much better. And the ratings on that laptop were 4.3. It's supposedly at least good.
    THE_P1XEL likes this.
  10. I think everyone knows this, but if your really rich get an alienware desktop... only cost 4k;)Alienware Aurora
  11. Sterotype ALERT!
    ...and umm white...
  12. How is that a stereotype...
  13. white people are rich...
  14. I've heard Alienware is all show and no actual value within it. Perhaps you should support your choice so I can see why you'd bring it up?
    Maybe it's just your personal choice, but I honestly don't see how Alienware is that good. (given that it's made by Dell)
    HylianNinja and cddm95ace like this.
  15. As posted earlier, I have already made my final decision.
    I wouldn't say that. Intel is better, but I wouldn't go that far. I did go with an Intel in the end.
    Dell's use cheap parts and have terrible customer service.
    Or you could just build it yourself for ways cheaper.
  16. I'm talking about rich people who have money to spare