Need Donations for giant shop

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by joshmcf, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I started by gathering saplings in the wilderness for a tree farm and then I sold the wood. Next, I bought a mooshroom and sold cheap mushroom stew. After that, I wandered around the servers looking for good deals on stacks of items which I sold individually for profit, and I also started using public mob grinders to get drops and make enchanted items to sell at auction. I wouldn't say it was easy, but it was fun! Still is, actually.
    sagem4tt likes this.
  2. Me personally i went straight for mining looking for iron diamond lapis coal gold ect all of these bring a good price in stores :)
  3. I still don't see the fun of sitting at a grinder.
  4. It's not my favorite thing to do, but when I saw how much players like d1223m were getting at auctions for their enchanted pickaxes, I decided that it was worth the effort.
  5. its not the most fun thing to do in minecraft but selling enchanted tools and armor is a very good market and they are in a big demand as most people dont have the patience to get to level 50 and get the really good enchantments
  6. I have only recently gone mining for the first time on EMC, I got over 21,000r in my first month on this server from not even mining, just opened a very small shop with stuff I picked up, then I gained experience and expanded, before I knew it, 21,000r was in my account! Just keep trying and you will finally achieve your goal!
    P.S I never asked for rupees.
    margaritte and PThagaard like this.
  7. I have never asked for rupees and i remember after restocking every thing i made 12k went to sleep and i had made another 17k that was one of my best days selling ^_^
  8. I once had 21,000r then after one night I lost 11,000r because someone sold that much worth of blaze rods to me :(
    I have just been banned for no reason today, I am looking into it now, it must be a mistake, because I am an experienced player and would never break the rules, by the way it's Tom115xXx, and not Border_Terrier.
  9. So its about the dosh then?
    sagem4tt likes this.
  10. Only in the sense that one needs rupees to fund projects or buy things to facilitate game play in some way. I like to know that I have a cushion built up so that now I can do the things I want to do, and build the things I want to build without having to focus on obtaining every item from scratch.
  11. I enjoy the gathering and building parts of minecraft. I have other games to play for combat and trading stuff.
  12. You work your way up to the top! I never asked for any donations when I was new, I mined it all by myself! I focused my shop on the item that is on demand and I worked my way there. I moved to smp5 with a bigger ambition with only 20k in my hands and nothing else. I started with 4 items in my shop and guess what! I grew to be a big shop known across SMP5! Asking for donations won't get you anywhere, you have to work to get your way up to the top.
  13. because he is doing a communal thing not for personal gain
  14. You guys should be proud of me, i went out and got all of the supplies and made 5 stacks of stone bricks! Now i just have to finish my store
    yapzi, sagem4tt and margaritte like this.
  15. I agree with the others.I need funding to build lost places in time.But you don't see me creating a thread about begging for funding.I earnt everything I have done.And that is part of who I am.You should try,mining isn't so bad!
  16. I've seen plenty of non-supporters with LOADS of money.
    One of my policies is that I only donate to community projects, which will benefit everyone.
    Shopmakers who want to earn big need to follow three main steps; 1. Imagination - make it look great (no two bloxk high wood hut stores) 2. Stay in Stock! My store has 90% of chests always containing some units or full. 3. Keep prices at the market value! Read
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/so-you-want-to-start-a-shop.4490/ for more tips.

Back to topic; No, I will not donate.
    sagem4tt likes this.