My wilderness base was just destroyed...

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by kendrickdk, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I was traveling on my train system and a creeper was on the tracks... it exploded and almost killed me. That was exciting! :D
    thecontroller likes this.
  2. I don't live in the wild but been spending a lot of time there farming gun powder.
  3. Yea it's all nice and dandy til someone comes and destroys your skeleton spawner (or zombie spawner) and you have no other option but to find another source of bone meal (buying or making one of those dark room mob spawners). if you decide to make a dark room spawner it will be grieved and im sure you would be pissed. i mean why destroy a perfectly working skeleton xp grinder. which was in the process of combining with two cave spider spawners to make an epic xp grinder. i even put up signs telling others who stumble on it to use it and such. i hope you can sense my frustration and the need or something to protect some objects like cage spawners (like locked chests) from being destroying. i mean i could rebuild the grieving if they left the cage spawner but destroying the spawner = fml. ugh FRUSTRATION!!
  4. Lock doesn't work that good because I lost 1k rupees in the lock and also I had so many valuables in it so I log off and log back in and bam I died by tnt so I knew it was a diamond supporter waiting for me to get on and welp my chest is gone and so is all my enchanted items
  5. I thought locked things including the signs could only be broken by the person who placed them? If TNT usage overrides that, then any Diamond Supporter can get into locked chests. That's something that should really be looked into, or at the very least logged, so perpetrators can be caught.
  6. I'm pretty sure Lock withstands anything. I'm pretty sure tclementi is just making up a story, cause no matter what you do you cannot break that sign without you being in that list.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. I've read the locked chests page, and lock is invincible. Not sure what tclementi is fantasizing here.
  8. i can think of a way it would happen, if a tnt mine was placed right where he logged, and him stepping on it triggers it, or he sees it and triggers it for whatever reason, maybe that would destroy it, because he was the one who did it.
    other than that though and im callin bs on it. would be nice to run a test on it though. any dia supps willing to?
  9. The game couldn't do it. Bukkits API cannot provide a code that enables the server to read who set off the TNT(well it could but it cannot tell the sign that player set the TNT off). So what Justin did is the Locked sign would ignore the environment even if you were to remove the block behind it. Only player entities can interact with the sign. Making TNT explosion impossible to destroy the sign.
  10. BS!!
  11. I'd say both.
  12. Oh hell no bs right when the maps reset I got a base goin in the middle of the ocean and he griefed it
  13. it is impossible to destroy a Lock, so your Lock is still there if a diamond supporter really did go out and tnt you...
  14. ....Sorry to buzzKill all your testing, But creepers CAN blow up locked signs if theyre placed JUST right, its happened to me before.. lost so many diamonds :(
  15. The same thing happened to me, accept someone opened one of my chests and put a symbol made out of roses in it. But, the greifers didn't find my hidden chests, lucky me. But I am still mad. :mad:
  16. if the sign isnt finished, its not technically a Locked sign, its just a sign being made. Those signs are able to be destroyed, and its takes just a little while for the server to log it if it was just finished. But you shouldnt be putting signs up around creepers...
  17. I meant if the creepers are placed just right, sorrry for the confuison
  18. Oh ok! well from what i know, players cannot destroy another players Locked sign and the Locked material
  19. in a post i made a while back about having something like a wild town justin said it may happen