My res is gone (Plz read)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leafjosiah9, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Well, indeed you did, but at the time, an appropriate amount of time was given in order to retrieve the account. I don't know about anyone else, but I think 30 days is more than enough to take the steps to reclaim the account. If you felt like it was not enough you were welcome to request more. Although, not forgetting that voting could be used to reset the derelict timer too.
    jkjkjk182 and sambish20 like this.
  2. We can't give permanent protection just by asking, and before it was only given to certain staff and military people.

Now it open to everyone at least.

As for the residence, we have no way to restore it, as backup only covers the full world, and we can't wipe out others work
  3. You could, however, world edit copy just his residence out of the backup and paste it into the current town, though that's a bit unfair.
  4. How is it less fair than extra derelict protection?
  5. As Aikar has stated, a restore from backup is not an option at this time. While I am sorry for the loss of your residence, I can see on the account that you were given derelict protection 5 months ago for the duration of 30 days. In addition, the account skyrimboywonder has been voting to maintain the residence. It looks like whoever was voting for the account did not do so for over a month now and so the residence was derelict as of a few days ago. Therefore, it was reset.
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  6. Oh well. Now to begin the dauting process of starting anew on EMC :p
  7. You loss your res after being inactive for about a month or more.
  8. Hardest part is gonna be having to gather all those chests of quartz again
  9. That's the spirit! Don't give up :)
    607 likes this.
  10. Y
    You could use the world backup, find that residence, and use WorldEdit (or something like it) to copy just the res, then replace the lost one.

It is said that you can vote to reset the derelict timer...
  11. :O Maybe 'tis true!