My 10 Year EMC Anniversary Is Coming Up - My EMC Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VITIRI, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Hey Everyone,

To give some context, I joined EMC January of 2012. I was only 13 at the time, and I'm now approaching my 24th birthday.

It's been such a long time since I've interacted with EMC, but I wanted to come revisit a place I have so many fond memories of. I found the Empire though a PlanetMinecraft server listing if I'm not mistaken, joined shortly thereafter and spent so many countless thousands of hours on the server. Funnily enough, I still think of this server very frequently and I still play Minecraft to this day! I can even remember most of the most impactful friends I had on this server by name. Aikar, Max, ob1bob, tinkerbell28, Spaskiba, pererfamily4l, BobTheTomato, pugfury, Apocryphan, AlexChance, chickeneer. I even met my current best-friend Jrlizard on EMC back in 2013 and we've met up several times since. He even flew all the way to Florida from Wisconsin for my 21st birthday!

While many of the users I interacted with back then, no longer play EMC or Minecraft, and most likely will never see this post, I just wanted to say what an amazing time I had as a kid and in my teens here. EMC provided me with some of my most fond gaming memories of my teens. I remember when I had to wait in a queue to join one of the 10 servers because EMC was so populated. It was by far the best server I'd ever been on. I can recall as a 14 year old, all I wanted most was to be a member of staff lol. EMC provided me with a tremendous sense of community and allowed me to create so many impactful friendships that I still think of fondly today.

I still sign on to the server every once in a while to see if there's any names I recognize. What I would give to relive the prime time of Minecraft and those early years. When most of us didn't have a care in the world other than collecting as many resources as we could to auction off on the forums. Minecraft was and still is such a large part of my life and I thank all the members and especially the staff here for providing me with so many amazing memories I had on this server.

If there's any old members reading this, I hope you all are doing great and are in good health. For the new members here, man do I wish you could've seen EMC in the early years. It was truly an experience. I'm so happy to see that it's still up and thriving. Makes my 15 year old self extremely nostalgic and happy. Hopefully some of the staff see this, especially @Aikar. I want you to know how happy this place made me.

Hope you all are enjoying the server and Minecraft as a whole <3

- VITIRI, a.k.a Christian
    weeh, TomvanWijnen, 607 and 8 others like this.
  2. Thank you for sharing an amazing story Vitiri!

Happy 10th EMCversary
    VITIRI likes this.
  3. Nice to hear from you again. :D (Although I'm not sure if you'll read this—looks like you were not intending to return for any length of time!)