Musical suggestions: For me, and you! :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShadyShannon, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Here's a list of a few artists that are something different to listen to. Give these a try:

Conjure One
    Delerium
    Future Loop Foundation
    Jean-Michel Jarre
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Mike Oldfield
  2. I do like Snow Patrol :)
    nab27 likes this.
  3. Hmm I'm metal and rock kinda of guy, but Check out "Kyle Park" a Texas country singer his song Anywhere in Texas
    pgoubert likes this.
  4. Country? Eww. xD
  5. lol Texas Country, trust me its different from Big Country CMT
  6. Ha Ha:D
  7. Country mostly sounds the same to me. I mean, congratulations to Taylor Swift for getting all of the awards, but I just don't like the sound of the music. Although, the song hoodoo by muse has a country type sound in the beginning and I do thoroughly enjoy it. :)
  8. GRrrrr. I hate her Music lol but owell, and Bush is a good band
  9. Seconded. Country rarely suits me. It seems like all of it I hear is acoustic guitar and someone whining. I should probably give more credit to country but eh
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. I prefer older country to the newer stuff when I listen to it. Charlie Pride was awesome!
  11. i agree with you Mugatu most of it is Whining about stuff but Texas country is about having a good time, but Too Ones Own i guess lol
  12. I'm a fan of so many different styles of music, and bands within those styles. My most recent listening tastes have been directed in the following directions:

The Dear Hunter - They've got an interesting style. Not too heavy, not too soft, and lots of personality. My favorite album of theirs is "Act III: Life and Death"

Panic At The Disco - If you don't know what they sound like, you should check them out. I've been enjoying their "Vices and Virtues" album of late

Magnus "Souleye" PĂ„lsson - He mainly does video game soundtracks. It's more of a techno-electronic kinda thing. I've really enjoyed his "Adventure" album recently.

Stepdad - This band is quirky, to say the least. If you enjoy Owl City, you're likely to get some enjoyment out of their EP, "Ordinaire". Songs like Cutie Boots and Baby Hammers make me smile. :)

Lucie Silvas - Her music is in the same vein as Sara Bareilles, in that the music and lyrics are soulful and personal. If you like that sort of thing (I do!), check her out for sure. I especially enjoy her second album, "The Same Side"

In addition to the above, a few of my standard favorites include Incubus, No Doubt, Three Doors Down, and Arctic Monkeys.
  13. I mean, I like Johnny Cash...and things like that...but this newer stuff...just yucky.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  14. Johnny cash doesnt do newer Stuff. He's dead.

also:

THeory of a Deadman
    Falling in Reverse
    The soundtrack from Doctor Horribles Singalogn Blog
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  15. why not just listen to stuff posted in the music thread? Why so many threads about music?
  16. i forgot to mention: aerosmith, deep purple,metillica,soundgarden,poison,quiet riot,ratt,alice cooper,ramstein,motley crue, Cinderella,twisted sister,golden earing,cheap trick,heart,creedence clearwater revival,creed,bon jovi,genesis,38 special,thin lizzy,tool,buck cherry,bad company,jimi hendrix,eric clapton,blue oyster cult,kansas,lynyrd skynyrd,rush,skid row,george thorogood,alice in chains,zz top, bob dylan,pearl jam,
    mugatu1994 and Eclipsys like this.
  17. Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like!

And I also like this \/
    pgoubert likes this.
  18. i simply addicted to Hotel California by The Eagles
  19. Just heard of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals lately... thought they were awesome

Black Keys... absolutely good stuff

White Stripes and other Jack White projects - awesome

Queens of the Stone Age - awesome

Incubus... tons of good stuff

So much good stuff out there ;)