moving an outpost to a single player world.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Spyrovsgnorg, Apr 17, 2020.

1. With 1.15 server limitations i really want a way to truly let me wild farm ideas go crazy but am limited to the restraints of what emc has, i in no way wanna quit playing on the server but i wish i could save my outpost in a single player world and with no world downloads working i was hoping maybe someone in the community has some suggestions :) my end goal is to just transfer my little piece of emc into a single player world that i can forever expand long after the server has shut down. i don't expect the world file but i would like to get some feedback/suggestions. im open to any questions and feedback. (i just wanna make an iron farm that produces a DC of iron blocks per hour :p)
    607 likes this.
  2. World downloader has a 1.15.2 version.
  3. world downloader works with liteloader which is only 1.15.2 aswell as after the download is done it cuts off into void
  4. That is unfortunately how world downloader works. Could always downoad the things you need and then use another program to move the chunks you want into a new world. Honestly, may not even need another program. You might be able to just transfer the region files.
    Spyrovsgnorg likes this.
  5. To follow up on this. I just did some testing and its possible to do with manual moving of the region files. It doesnt look the best originally, but with enough time and some world edit magic, I could have made it look good and natural.
  6. i,ve been messing around with the reigon files and i think i have reigon files that empty void and its just a matter of fact of finding and deleting them, but what did you have to do with world edit? like edit in chunks?
  7. World edit has a regenerating feature that can restore a selection back to its natural state based on the world seed.
    Spyrovsgnorg likes this.
  8. if you know of a 1.15.2 world downloader lemme know the only ones i can find are 1.12 for liteloader
  9. Unfortunately the only way to use world downloader in 1.15.2 is to use multi-mc or go back to the old way of modding and do .jar mods. I used the multi-mc way and didnt have an issue

The instructions for both methods can be found here

https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...-downloader-mod-create-backups-of-your-builds
    khixan likes this.
  10. I was recently looking into this as well to backup some stuff as well as planning out some things for my res. Sucks it's not very simplified. I miss the old world downloader where it was pretty simple just place it in your .bin folder or something like that and boom you could start using it.

Gonna have to try and figure out installing it one of these days so I can work on some stuff.