Momentus / Marlix Farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NZScruffy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. If you have an area sectiond off (32 x32 boxes in a 128x128 area it would be much easier. As the marlix wont fly off, once you got a marlix in a section you half it (the side the marlix is on) and continue to make it smaller until it's in a small farmable space.
  2. The concept is ok, it's putting it into practice you will find impossible. As mentioned in posts above, he most likely will despawn.
  3. Aikar just made an update that will apparently fix any miniboss farming. Soooo there's that.
  4. Mobs wont despawn unless your more than 32 blocks away.
  5. Like I said, get back to me once you've done it and confirm it doesn't despawn.

Also, mini-bosses don't despawn even when you are more than 32 blocks away. you can head home or die, and come back and they are still there. However, under certain conditions, such as the one you outlined, they appear to be despawning.

I'm not 100% sure what Aikar meant with his response above. But I draw from it that they are not meant to be despawning immediatly in any situation. Which means there may be some bug/glitch. Not sure.

So if you can do this, and confirm they are not despawning, I'd like to compare what you are doing with what i've done and figure out why they ARE despawning. :)
  6. Since they are officially nerfed, here's how they USED to work. :)
  7. Yes, this is where I got my shards you guys. :)
  8. Awesome farm. Thanks for sharing. :)
  9. Were they sitting on anvils?
  10. It keeps them from running away/glitching out. You can basically just say it's there own personal chair. :p
    bemvino87 likes this.
  11. I think we're the only ones who have built a perfectly safe diamond farm unlike others who need tons of armor.
    They're sitting on minecarts :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and RainbowChin like this.
  12. That was ultimately a great designed farm so well done to all those involved, but ultimately in the long run, I think it was better for them to be nerfed. Farms like that with the new Fortune inclusions would have been too powerful for my liking :)