Momentus / Marlix Farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NZScruffy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I'm up for mining. I need so much lapis. >.<
  2. If you feel like hopping on SMP9, Hallandr721 and I are mining/waiting for bosses to spawn. We have an idea for a trap we could show ya
    NZScruffy likes this.
  3. its impossible now, they despawn (and you cant rename them), they glitch out of whatever you put them in, and you have to be in draw range for them to summon assistance.

your welcome
  4. -_-
    Well, there goes my september farm...
  5. Thank you for striking my parade repeatedly with lighting. But it's gonna work! (no it won't)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  6. Preparing for 1.8 huh.. I have about 9 stacks of lapis blocks ready to rock. :p
  7. No, need the lapis for my forever under construction res. >.<
  8. Do it naked, with a bed nearby.
    Also the best way to kill it -- bed/beacon repeat murder attempts.
    marine4121 likes this.
  9. Yea, that's my current trap setup. Didn't kill him, just kept spawning enraged mobs. Eventually it'll cap at like 50 enraged (due to other mobs in the area, but you could clear out a 150 x 150 area). then you kill the enraged and spawn more.

But with Aikar capping what each individual mini-boss can spawn, it begs the question, will you get more from just making a darkroom spawner? :) I'm going to run both side by side and see how it compares.

The difficulty for me atm, is understanding how they behave. There are conditions in which the mini-bosses despawn, which i have not fully figured out yet.

It's all good fun :) I like figuring stuff out.
  10. 2013-01-22_21.07.07.png
    1/3 DC of lapis blocks like a pro ;)
  11. They arent suppose to...

But I have finished the change to make it where you cant perma farm momentus/marlix now.

itll be in next update soon
  12. I'll send you info on conditions in which they despawn.
  13. I'm 'at work' atm, so can't play. but will look you both up when i'm on in the future.
  14. How much time is "soon"? I'm ready for some more Dragon Tombs stuff. :p
  15. Minibosses aren't supposed to despawn? :( I had a Marlix despawn on me just today. And there were 2 other players right nearby....
  16. Yo, im up for all that :D
  17. Well my Idea for a marlix farm is simple. Trap a marlix in a 3x3 box and punch it when you want your enraged, when the marlix summons its enraged, it usaully summons them on the player.
  18. Let me know how that goes. :)
  19. have you ever tried to capture a marlix? lol id love to watch you try
    Jcplugs likes this.
  20. I have indeed just today.... It almost worked, and then there was a lag spike.