Mojang Broke Minecraft

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by RickyAndrea9, Oct 25, 2017.

1. so everytime i try to play minecraft i get this:

OpenJDK Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release
    Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.client.main.Main

how do i get rid of incremental cms?
  2. will this work on linux?
  3. Might be that you just need to update to the latest linux launcher.
  4. ok i put it on windows but i still have the same problem

and i uninstalled it and im reinstalling it now

and the new luancher just loads a blank window all it says in minecraft luancher at the top.
  5. but i dont see a solution :(

do you know how to fix it?

how do i turn off incremental cms on windows 7?
  6. If you are using the old Minecraft launcher, don't. They broke it.
  7. the new one when i installed it was just a blank window that sain minecraft
  8. You broke it.
  9. how do i fix it?
  10. you likely cant, gotta wait for mojang to push a fix.

renamed thread as the incremental CMS is irrelevant, thats always been there.

Java is removing that feature, but its actually a good feature that mojang should be using, so its not bad that mojangs 'holding out until the end'
    607 likes this.
  11. Try upgrading to the native launcher if you are not on linux, or if you are on linux and it actually works for you.

Otherwise, switch to a third party launcher like MagicLauncher.
    607 likes this.
  12. I like MultiMC
    Ricky_Andrea and Roslyn like this.
  13. On Windows this shouldn't make a difference though. I'm using the old launcher on Win7 without issues, I can even boot the latest snapshot with it.

The best way to check what is going on is to start by renaming your Minecraft data folder. On Windows this can be found in %appdata% (called .minecraft), on *nix-like systems it's in your homedirectory ~/.minecraft. Rename it, start the launcher again, use a default profile and see what happens.

As a general rule of thumb:
    • Keeping your Java installation up to date is always a good idea, but it won't make a difference for the new launcher because that doesn't run on Java anymore. Further more it ships with its own Java runtime.
      • The old launcher does use Java, therefor it can be of influence here.
    • Re-installing Minecraft and such is usually a waste of time. Because that won't remove / reset your data directory and that's usually where all the problems originate from (as such the renaming above).
    • Backups are always a good thing to keep around.
    (edit)

• Cleaning out your versions folder can also sometimes help reset things. So, removing old saved versions which will then force the launcher to download those again.
  14. iv had this issue before, with 1.9/1.10, but i cant remember how it worked,

how long before incremental bug gets fixed?

i need to play emc!!
    shelluser, tbh, i didnt update my java for a while...

the bug only started after i moved my hard drive to another pc then back...

what i did was a frend recomended deleteing .minecraft then reinstalling...
  15. well, i just got a virus from try to get magic luancher, but i fixed it, can i get a link to ML?