Mods are really doing their job

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Equinox_Boss, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Simple, simple answer:

More mods.

EMC is getting bigger. So, we need more moderation. Scale it up; keep it on-track.
    Equinox_Boss and 1998golfer like this.
  2. Simple in theory, a little more difficult in practice. This topic just keeps going around in circles, it seems.
  3. For those who don't have experience, "more mods" would seem like a good idea...but it's really not for a large variety of reasons. This isn't saying we aren't adding more...but adding more JUST to add more as being suggested. There is a process. If we do it as being suggested, you will be making: "The mods aren't fit" threads instead.
    Equinox_Boss, mba2012 and Gottsmote like this.
  4. In other words, "We prefer quality over quantity".
  5. This I understand. Yes, more numbers would be great, if they were experienced and trustworthy. Ten well trained and armed soldiers are better than fifty inexperienced, unarmed civilians.
  6. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
  7. Mods may not be on all the servers, but I have been witness to offline bans/kicks (the mods were offline) or cross-server bans/kicks even though one wasn't there. It shows that the mods are looking out for us, just like any other figurehead in a community.
  8. Am I allow to ask how "Square" works?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. You're absolutely correct.

When EMC started out, and got to 1000 users - how many mods were there? 10 maybe? IDK; perhaps someone can say. So that was a ratio of 10:1000 - one mod for every 100 users.

Now, there's 30,000 members, and 23 mods. 23:30000 or 1 mod for every 1304 users.

So it's gone from 1-in-100 to 1-in-1000.

Ten well-trained soldiers are great.

Twenty are better. A hundred are better still.
  10. ...and when we find people we feel will be good to add to those soldiers we will on the spot. Until then we can't magically spawn them out of eggs...though that would be cool.
  11. No doubt it would!
    Call David Copperfield?Someone else? I don't know many magicians. I dunno...
    1998golfer and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. When you do /report playername Reason for reporting, it will put that report into a que into our square tool. When we log into square, we can click that report and it brings up chat logs, actions, etc. to investigate the report and allow us to act on it. :)
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  13. We need David Copperfield
    1998golfer and creepincreepers7 like this.
  14. Oh sounds useful...Thanks for the explanation! :D
    1998golfer likes this.
  15. lol you took my line CC7 haha
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  16. I beat you to it.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  17. :p
  18. Hey guys, I didnt mean for this to be a war thread. Please think that having more mods IS NOT the best solution but maybe being the best EMCer and not annoy the staff would be the best. So maybe you let IcecreamCow solve all the problems about new mods. And my point again, this time with IcecreamCow.

If you look a page back you will see IcecreamCow doing his best to make some people understand why things work the way they do. He as tried his best to make his EMCers happy. But the unhappy EMCers will not prevail.

Ok, lets rewind that scene. Do I see IcecreamCow in all of his anger, stress and annoyance trying to help some poeple understand things? Yes, he always does this, help, be kind, be nice. I think it is great that he takes the time to try to make every one happy.

And it is not only with admins, but with mods too. As you see in the OP.

So my point is just /report and /ignore and respesct the people that hold EmpireMinecraft together, daily.
  19. Hey! What about SMP3 we barely see staff because our average amount of players on is 7 :(