Modded MC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Roslyn, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Since the old thread's owner is banned, figured I would make a new one.
    I'll be updating this thread periodically with my modded world and my creations. No this isn't mods like what you use in EMC which is amateur stuff. Talking like vast overhauls in game mechanics and situations. If you play these types of packs, you're more than welcome to share here. Equivalent Exchange makes you crap at modding if that's your source of resource gathering.

Current Pack I'm playing: Modified version of Resonant Rise v2 From ATL

If you wish to join me: PM me over forumz but all I ask is that you be knowledgeable in the following: Chunk Loaders (Don't be stupid and chunk load everything), Applied Energistics 2 (and its sub counterpart mods), Immersive Engineering, Thermal Foundation, Ender IO, basic wiring and conjunctions of that sort of jazz, and proper disposal of entity build up.
    Edit: Also you will not be living with me. You can join with a friend but I am not risking nuclear annihilation if you tamper with some of my toys.
    Edit2: Find someone else's stuff? Don't steal or grief, there will be no hesitation to remove you permanently from the session. Simple.

Removed: Mekanism, RFTools (These are great mods but make it far too easy to gather and process materials thus making no challenge to the game). Also removed Twilight Forest as Skare mentioned below. Wayy too laggy of a mod though its fun to explore.

Pictures: Coming Soon Lol
  2. Oo wow I haven't played on a Moded server since FTB with Direwolf and year ago lol I might start up again
  3. I don't know if I would say equivalent exchange makes you crap at modding... In the newer versions of modpacks I'm pretty sure Equivalent Exchange takes a lot more time to get to than it did with tekkit classic.
  4. it is decently easy to farm a lot of emc in a week XD
    Roslyn likes this.
  5. Dude you forgot to mention we removed twilight forest since that mod adds massive lag spikes for not much features added. Even though it is a great world and the bosses are cool to fight.

Not to brag but my little cave house is sweet as. I moved to the mining world. Its safer there.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Forgot to add this. NO SACRED RUBBER SAPLNGS! If you happen to come across this, destroy, burn it, i dont care. DO NOT PLANT IT. Planting it will result in an immediate ban. Why you ask? It creates a tree the size of the world and basically turns it into one giant dark room spawning mechanism and lags the server constantly until it crashes over and over. I stress this, don't be a fool. It is rare loot you get from dungeons/minecarts. DON'T PLANT IT
    _CheshireCat__ and Duckne like this.
  7. I am yet to build a pretty base - been to focused on creating processing mechanisms that are everywhere in my area of operations. Pics maybe soon?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. How do you feel about Magical Crops? Magical Crops is very close to Project E (Equivalent Exchange) mechanic wise with the one exception being that it takes much more time.
  9. There is no magical crops in our instance of this pack. I had thought about it but figured it would become a much more pursued technology/resource path if it was in the pack and discourage exploration of other mods.
  10. Cool thread!

I'm pretty new when it comes to modded MC (when it comes to actually changing gameplay) but because a friend of mine is pretty deep into FTB I decided to check some of it out. Only problem: most modpacks are too resource hungry for my gaming PC. Another problem is that I actually prefer using a more modern MC version, while the majority of "tech mods" still favor 1.7 or are currently still stuck on 1.10.

So I decided to try and roll my own.

Right now I'm messing with RFTools / RFDimensions & RFControl at the center because it's pretty much a standard. I agree that it can get OP but if you start from scratch then it's pretty balanced out at the start (you need harder to find stuff like lapis to make some of the cooler stuff).

Next I added TechReborn and ActuallyAdditions to expand a bit. The latter mod really surprised me for all of its extensions. It even provides worms which can plow your farming areas and solidified XP which you can use for other stuff. Next to the atomic re-constructor which can change regular MC items into crystalized types by shooting a laser at them. Pretty fun. Rotten flesh? You can reconstruct that into leather :p

Ironchest to provide some extra storage space, theoneprobe 'because', usefulnullifiers because I miss /dispose and Fluxed Redstone because EnderIO does not run on 1.11 yet and I wanted some kind of connectivity (which works remarkably well between ActuallyAdditions & TechReborn machines, but not so much with RFTools).

It's not super spectacular and probably a bit unbalanced, but still good fun. Right now I have a semi-open base which is protected by a few lasers which shoot at mobs and not at me while desperately trying to grow my rubber trees because I need more rubber to create insulated copper wires which are used to construct some basic electric circuits (used in most machinery I want to build).

Can't wait for some screenshots Roslyn!
  11. Sounds like you're playing a 1.10 style self created pack. (Tech Reborn is a new IC2 1.10 addon)(TheOneProbe is 1.10 entirely). I would be playing a 1.10 pack but some of my favorite mods are in development hell when it comes to getting their crap together (looking at you CoFH Team). Try some Mekanism, pretty easy mineral gathering/processing and power production mod. Comes with teleporters and such
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. I will finally get to commence a build soon. I had been working on a power grid. Had just laid out the final tesseracting systems to unify the central processing area.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. No, 1.11.2. The One Probe is available for 1.11.2 for some time now. And I think there might be a small mixup, because the Tech Reborn I'm talking about is a new stand-alone tech mod. Which is why I was so surprised to learn that it interacted with ActualAdditions pretty nicely.

But even so, it's a lot of fun and definitely gives a new twist to Minecrafting :)
  14. I liked the old ICBM, I want them to finish up all of their stuff so I can make a war based private server :(
  15. no no you misunderstood me, I didnt mean 1.10 alone and higher, I meant it was created at 1.10 and above. and Tech Reborn is a spin off from IC2
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. Can you tell me more about this server in a PM? I may be interested in joining if I may. :)
    Reason: I no longer have friends to play anything with so I need something new to occupy my time :p
  17. Perhaps later, working on chunk loader limitations and machine interactions. Remember this server is only a side hobby. Still do play EMC more often than this. In the meantime, while on EMC, you could perhaps get some materials to do an auction to occupy time :)
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  18. I was actually thinking of starting an outpost on SMP2... but again, have no one to start it with lol.
  19. Pssssst
  20. BEEP BOOP i shall c u on ts3
    PenguinDJ likes this.