Minecraft Snapshot 12w17a released. - Editable books. :)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Twitch1, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Yes best idea evar!
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  2. but you can only write 50 pages before the book is used up. I'm thinking of trying to survive in the wilderness and writing a book kind of like a diary or somethin.
    snozles likes this.
  3. i though about doin something like a journal for expirements and a wilderness journal aswell
  4. i cant wait to start a chain letter XD
  5. Cool!
  6. Maybe Jeb will do the same thing Notch did with maps, where if you shift-click to make a lot of books at once, you can edit one book and it will automatically change all books made at the time to have the exact same text.
  7. That would be great! Then I could write books and have many of the same copies. :D
  8. I also really like the idea of getting the Empire Guide in book format when you go through the tutorial. Maybe make it one of the first thing you get and you'll be forced to read through it to find answers etc. Heck, I want one now and I've been here for 140+ days xD Someone will do something bad and be like "It's not in the guide..." and I'll sittin here like "Let me just check that for you.*opens guide in game*..Uhh, actually sir, it is in the guide. Please refer to page 22 of your book."
    MEINCRAVTA and snozles like this.
  9. Lol, well I guess it could be cool when you finish the tutorial and join the empire there will be a book of rules, and a guide too, if you ever get confused about something. Then you wouldn't have to log on!
  10. Time to start squirreling away ink sacs, feathers, and books. When the update comes around, I'll craft them into book/quills. And then sell them. 10R each, maybe?
  11. sounds good
  12. We don't know if there can be more than one page.
  13. There can be :) up to 49 or 50? watch the spotlights.. Captain Sparklez did one.. covers it pretty well.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  14. Yepp. There can be up to 50 pages :)
  15. ok ive heard stuff about bookstores but how are you gonna sell them? all books are titled differently so its hard to differentiate :(
  16. item codes? same as enchanted items, with a descriptive sign placed close by?
  17. I thought about that but how? there was a set list of enchantments so it was easy for codes. However books have a widespread variety and im pretty sure alot of EMC people will make at least 1 book so there are more than lets see 1,2,3,4 5000 books? i dont think the staff had a prob with 100 enchantment combos but 5000? come on people....

Edit: Im not making this because i dont like the idea, (I really like) im saying its an obstacle the mods might have to fix if your making a shop

Edit 2: I can see the "you pay me, i throw you the fortune III eff V unbreaking III pick" as the only way you get r off books
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  18. If every person made one book on EMC.. it would be more like 30,000 codes :p
  19. There can be 50 pages
    and Captian Sparklez FTW