Minecraft Server Requirement Question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IcecreamCow, May 3, 2013.

1. Hamachi runs through an unencrypted server, any man and his dog with computer knowledge could get into hamachi, as it often does.
  2. Ah wow. They're actually very affordable compared to what I'm using. What kind stuff have you done on them and what plan do you use for "x" amount of people?
  3. I've used both Tekkit and Bukkit hosting. I've bounced from plan to plan though. Even when I was using the cheapest plan (Dirt plan) and had max players on it was still running lag free. I'm currently using the cobble stone plan and gets up too 25 players at once sometimes :)
  4. Sweet, I might have to try that out. If you can do that I'm sure it can probably hold 3-7 people on a custom map no problem. Anyone (tech experience people) know if doing special maps (like say vechs or hypixel) adds THAT much strain on servers where this wouldn't work?
  5. Maps such as Vechs super hostile will put very little extra strain on a server, there will be added strain from some of hypixel's maps, but so little it's negligible.
  6. Cool thanks.
  7. Cumedhost is handy + you only need like 1 GB to play no lagg 2.5gb is a waste of money.
  8. Well i use pickle hosting if i need another server.... I host my own