Minecraft mod creation thread

Discussion in 'Byte Chat' started by triphora, Apr 24, 2022.

1. I thought it was about time we had a thread dedicated to creating Minecraft mods. :)

How many other Minecraft mod developers do we have here? I, of course, maintain the emcutils mod (originally made by GreenMeanie), but I've also made a good number of other mods (Modrinth / GitHub). I've also done a bit of dabbling in developing the QuiltMC toolchain for mod developers to use.

Does anyone else out there on EMC make mods? :p

P.S. Blaze3d.youJustLostTheGame()
  2. (Removed my like due to the postscriptum.)

I haven't done any Minecraft modding myself! I'm not sure why, honestly. Seems like something I would've enjoyed looking into as a kid. And I would've liked to have more experience with Java, now!
    I don't think I'm going to look into it anymore, though. I have too many projects in mind already!
  3. I used to program the absolute worst mods you've ever seen when I was 11 and I'm not even sure if I could find them on the Minecraft Forums if I tried. I also published a mod pack when I was 12 without permission from half the mod developers whose mods I used so... erm... yeah?

As my focus shifted from single player to multiplayer, I lost interest in making mods and I made some very rudimentary plugins. Thinking I could use the coding skills I'd gained from these horribly-coded plugins, I gave a grand vision to nfell2009, mba2012, and Jake_Bagby when we tried to start a server together back in 2013 and quickly found I was in over my head and had to give all development responsibilities to mba. I retired from coding anything until 2015, when me and nfell published some Skript stuff (read: I was learning Skript, made something, asked nfell for help, did >50% of it wrong and he took over) and then I had to focus on school etc. and shortly after graduating from secondary school in 2016, I came to the realisation I hate coding and the entire software side of computers. It was thanks to Minecraft modding I actually got into computers at all though and thus I can thank it for making me a hardware hobbyist ig
    607 likes this.