Minecraft crashes

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, May 5, 2019.

1. Hello... Minecraft crashes on my new laptop. :/ I knew the first suggestion (besides rebooting) would be removing Minecraft and installing it again, so I did that, by removing .minecraft in Roaming and using the launcher again.
    I get exit code -1073740791, but I can't find it on Google, nor did I find a site with a list of the exit codes.
    When I turned the graphic settings down, it seemed fine for some time, but then when I opened Chrome it crashed again. Maybe a RAM allocation issue?
  2. Update your driver.
    607 likes this.
  3. Thanks, but nope, just crashed again. And then again, within a few seconds. This might be a clue: sometimes when it crashes, the Google Chrome windows turns black in its entirety.
  4. That sounds video driver related. Use DDU, which you already downloaded, to remove the video card drivers (via safe mode again), and download fresh ones (actually, do that before removing them, so you have them ready to install immediately as your computer boots again after removing the drivers) and install those.

---

It really seems like your install of Windows belongs on a computer with different components (I upgraded my motherboard+CPU+RAM while keeping my install of Windows, and am having somewhat similar driver issues...)...
    607 likes this.
  5. I used the DDU, and yesterday it seemed like it wasn't crashing, but I didn't test for more than a few minutes. This morning it did though (after a second or two), after I changed the DPI (that probably hasn't anything to do with it), and that was before the Intel driver was reinstalled (I know that because I couldn't yet change brightness).