Minecraft Black Screen

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by TaylorGang, Mar 25, 2012.

1. It's a joke relax :( I feel downed now... Anyways I looked around the internet and for your convience LWJGL download that and follow this tutorial Minecraft wiki LWJGL replace the corresponding files and minecraft should work. If not and all else fails I'm sorry but you have to use SpoutCraft. I'm sorry if I ruined your day I didn't mean anything for that mac and PC stuff...
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  2. Also have you tried deleting the ".minecraft" folder? If you haven't try that and backup your saved game files.
  3. I'm sorry for snapping. No minecraft for a day frustrates me :p I'm trying this now, thank you for looking into it. I'll let you know if it works.
  4. Still nothing..
  5. Spoutcraft If all else fails... We have our last resort. Also I'm not experienced with Mac, I have not even touched a Mac in my life. If there something that has to do with Caching try deleting those.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  6. what's spoutcraft?
  7. It's a fully modified Minecraft. It has a custom launcher, pre-installed performance mods (this includes OptiFine and Improved Chat), and can integrate with Spout servers (spout servers are more for server owners so no need to worry about that). First to explain is what can spoutcraft do for you? Spoutcraft gives you full control of Minecraft without any hastle of coding a script or jibber jabber like that, pre installed mods will help you in your Minecraft gameplay, integration with Spout servers will integrate mods from the server to your client so you don't have to download any mods just to play on your favorite server! (Note that EMC does not have Spout installed so don't expect EMC mods :p). Spoutcraft also supports HD Texture Packs. No mods can be installed to Spoutcraft so don't try to or you'll probably break it.
  8. aww.. Why can't EMC be supported :p it's working great. thank you. at least I can play single player :p
  9. One side note... Spoutcraft takes awhile to update so be patient :\
  10. By the time 1.3 comes out it SHOULD fix my minecraft.. Hopefully.
  11. Just a dumb question, but are you sure your removing the right .minecraft folder? And you have no other running mc versions runnng somewhere?

Also, did it go black when you downgraded? That msg is a little unclear to me.
  12. Yea it went black when I downgraded. It let me get to the menu, then when I created a world it went blackā€¦ And yes I am sure there are no other minecraft folders.
  13. Same here :(, but after a updated java everythig works fine!

14. Problem is she's using a Mac. Macs provide their own java updates.
  15. Windows shall not defeat Macs! It possibly has to do with something you have installed that has to mess up your minecraft.
    Texturepacks
    Mods
    Anything that is not correctly installed for minecraft will cause it to act up like how yours is.. :\
  16. Like I said, I have a clean minecraft. No mods, no texture packs.
  17. ok forget these windows users... either message Twitch1 or do this...
    finder -> <user name of comp> (on the side bar looks like a home icon) -> Library -> Application Support -> Minecraft. Now drag that whole entire messed up folder ( minecraft folder) and slam it into that trash can ;) then go to www.minecraft.net and redownload it. If that doesn't work message Twitch1 ASAP!
  18. Try getting a Mac jar and file manager to open the minecraft jar then go and delete the meta inf
  19. deleting the Meta inf is futile!
  20. Always fixes my blacke screens