'Message blocked by filter'

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Jun 24, 2015.

1. I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the duplicate message filter. I understand the purpose as I've accidentally sent a duplicate message, however it still applies even if I type a command in between such as changing channels.

I often say something in the wrong channel, for example in town chat when I mean to private message someone, or to the wrong person. Every time I go to correct this I receive 'Message blocked by filter' and end up having to deliberately put the same message with some sort of typo in order to deliver the message I wanted to in the first place.

I also get the same problem when I want to say Hi to two different players who both private messaged me. I end up having to say 'Hey' to the other...

I can't be the only one annoyed by this. I think it would be great if switching channels disabled the filter.
    Drmadfate, Hash98, Ultimamaxx and 5 others like this.
  2. It's bit me a few times as well. I'd like to see a little code logic in there at least that includes /commands as "messages" so if you type "stuff goes here," realize you're on the wrong channel and /c local, it won't grump at you for repeating yourself.
  3. It does handle channel changes, but going from private to a channel is one thing it wasn't handling.

Just put in a fix for that but dunno when itll deploy.
    ShelLuser, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. Yeah this has bothered me a bit...but I end up dealing with it because at least it reduces some spam from players who intend to spam...
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. It may reduce some spam, but it's far too easy to circumvent.
  6. Nice catch, and yes; this has also got me a few times. Esp. when commenting in residence chat ((@r) stuff) and then quickly switching to town chat (@t stuff). Still, not to the extend that it started to really bother or annoy me.
  7. What bugs me is that the filter treats all punctuation the same. For example:
    Qwerty189: ?
    Qwerty189: ;-;
    Your message has been blocked by the filter.
  8. strips all alpha numeric. Btw theres a fix pending to go out with the next MEGAUPDATE.
    607 likes this.