Mentors...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Jan 31, 2013.

1. dont say that. Lifes too short to worry about who does and dosent like you. Pick yourself up and keep going.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  2. i know exactly how that feels.. i do it every day of my life.
    HylianNinja likes this.
  3. They're not sixth formers - they're adults and it is their job to be a mentor :)
  4. Urm. Uh.

<--- Watch the happy teletubbie guys ._.
    jtc0999, M4nic_M1ner and battmeghs like this.
  5. I had a hard time pretty much all through school. There were times that I remember feeling and thinking things a lot like I'm seeing described here by some of you.

That was over thirty years ago. The problems that were caused by other people I mostly shed at graduation. I got past all the social nonsense that I eventually came to see really meant zip. Looking back I think a lot of the hardships I went through made me a better person. The problems that were my own I've come to understand and worked through. The rest, were never really mine to worry about. Take it easy on yourselves.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  6. Like make lava walls in class
  7. It works alright I guess but in the end I felt it makes you more against everyone :(
  8. find a way to ruin their Internet life like DDoSing them or hacking their accounts or stuff like that to hurt them mentally but not physically.

What I just said ^ is probably 100% illegal so don't even try... Btw this isn't a gray text fail

9. It is. To me it is, at least, and to my best friend it is...and guess what? It bullies us.

You don't want to be murdered. Trust me. I don't want to hang myself either...but I think about doing it sometimes :s

Explaining what's wrong usually makes it worse...for me, atleast.
  10. I have mentoring, but its not that kind of mentoring. I have mentoring to discuss my lessons and how i can achieve my target grade (i only like it because it occasionally gets you out of class)
    Also your English teacher must be very caring, as i do not really like mine! :)
  11. Yeah, some people find it helps ... other people have to control themselves when they see them ;)
    battmeghs likes this.
  12. Pretty sure the teacher was considering caning me that one time I did that...
  13. When my friend commited suicide, my school brought in a TON of councilers. They are trained to help you in what your dealing with. My parents are thinking of getting a mentor to help with my anger issues. If you tell him/her, it will make life easier.
  14. i am also a mentor. people at my school come to me for help with friends and parents issues. When they are finished and i help them, they always say later on that i have helped them so much. I'm no trained mentor, so when i can help people and make their lives easier, imagine what TRAINED mentors could help you with.
  15. NO. That is the WORST thing you can do. forgive and forget. you must forgive them. It may not seem easy, but it is possible. When MLK was assassinated, his wife and kids visited the man that killed him in prison and said, "I forgive you. We forgive your for killing my husbin and their father."
  16. When my father passed away, a social worker came to my school and asked me how i was feeling. She gave me good recommendations on how to deal with my problem. She really helped me by being someone to talk to, and they will always understand.
  17. I am speaking the truth here: Soul, if you need a person to talk to on EMC, shon is the guy. You have NO idea how many times he has helped me get through a tough time :)
  18. Haha xD
  19. ^^the thing is if the person is trained it usually makes it worse