Making a minecraft mod like Improved Chat

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by d1223m, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will still use it, don't worry. :) Just, now you can improve upon their improvements for those of us who are not satisfied with the generic chat system. ;)

Keep up the good work. Just make sure you don't break the new stuff. :p
  2. Has anyone tried the tabs yet? Im still waiting for some feedback for them :p
  3. Tabs? What?
  4. New chat features in 1.2.4 ( as in - the features that are in 1.2.4 by Mojang and not by me )

* control+x/c/v/a - cut, copy, paste, select all
    * home/end
    * shift+left/right for text selection
    * tab completed player names ( doesnt work on OSX )
    * clicking on links in chat history ( not sure if this actually works on EMC? )
    * page up/down for chat history

Iv just been working all these out to see what to do...
  5. The tab function, I don't know what exactly it is supposed to do but in controls I changed it to Q for my layout and it shows the complete player list, I don't know if that is the same purpose...
  6. You should be able to press tab while typing a chat message and it will complete the player name you started - like how our `/tell d1` knows you mean d1223m
  7. right... Ok, yea TAB doesn't function on OSX while playing Minecraft, at all....
  8. Yea sucks - I think its ljwgl's fault and nothing to do with MC. I cant find much info about it tbh.
  9. /report Jeb Copying D1223m's Ideas.
  10. Nah - its all the bukkit guys I think :)
  11. Yes, this update was ALL the Bukkit team, according to Jeb_
  12. Well. We can't ban them, As we need them. So we just have to ban no one instead :D
  13. Here is a micro mod that will let you use control+space (as well as TAB) to complete names.

Attached Files:

14. I will get to testing this evening. :)
  15. Thanks hehe - its only a one line fix to give us tab completion. I thought I'd just put it here as I think your on osx too and its a shame we have to miss this feature.

Im slowly getting thru the new code from 1.2.4 to see how to keep up the old mod but there is quite a bit of new code and MCP doesnt have deobfuscated names for all the fields/methods yet which makes everything quite a bit slower.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  16. You are correct, I am on OS X 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard.
    Thanks for taking the time to fix this missing link and I look forward to checking out your mod on 1.2.4, hopefully before 1.3 releases ;)
  17. Just a little update: everything is now working except for one fatal bug... which crashes the game if you type a message over a certain length :(

Its been my first time changing the code over to a new version and its been a little tough as mojang added all that new chat stuff which has added a lot of unnamed fields/methods to deobfuscated code. I hear 1.2.5 will be out soon - probably ill aim for that to get this out again.
  18. 1.2.5 version is prepared and ready to go! Much easier than I thought as I kind of knew what I was doing this time :)

This should work with the pre-release and the full version released on monday ( I think its monday... )

Attached Files:

19. Can you do a full update log? :)
  20. Downloaded now. Will be testing later. :) Gotta get some food and such..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.