Make It More Clear How To Buy Remote Shop Signs'

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Jul 2, 2017.

1. So I decided to check out the remote shop signs more out of curiousity than anything, because I see they've been announced on the website for some time now and I had a few moments. Awesome idea!

When I went to the site https://empireminecraft.com/upgrade/ I read all about them and clicked 'Learn More' and assumed that they were coming soon or a planned feature which is also confirmed by this text here https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/remote-shop-sign/ under Obtained by. I didn't see any button under the heading 'Remote Shop Sign' or instructions for how to buy them, so I assumed I couldn't. I was kind of curious how much they would end up being sold for.

Then I got a bit distracted carried away reading about the EULA thing and other perks etc...

It was only because I kept reading other parts of that page and just happened to click the dropdown for Diamond Voucher that I realized that hidden in that menu are the Remote Shop Signs available for purchase.

This seems like a pretty big issue because obviously if someone is unable to determine how to make a purchase or even misled to believe it's not possible, that would mean the purchase wont happen. Updating the wiki page is obvious, but the confusion on the upgrade page may require a bit of restructuring. I thought about a few ways to address it:

1) You could, under each heading, feature a little blurb that says 'Use the dropdown below to buy ___'. That would at least indicate some sort of step for the user to take.

2) You could move the dropdown to the top, under the header 'One Time Purchase - Items'. That would make it clear it applied to the entire section and not just to 'Supporter Voucher redemption is not immediate'. That might save you having to repeat a text blurb. Anytime you have to tell the user what to do, is generally not an intuitive interface.

3) You could put a dropdown under each section. That would allow for maximum convenience in buying one of a particular item. Of course, this now means that users may miss the bulk deals which is a great chance to possibly multiply the sale.

4) The best solution, I think, is the one you use above for the various supporter ranks. If you feature a row of buttons for each item, that's the maximum convenience for the purchaser and makes it clear what all the available deals are.

I think fix #4 should considerably increase sales and hopefully result in lots of extra funding!
    BlitzAttack, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Aikar and I are in the midst of discussing this very thing. I brought up many of these points with him yesterday in our first 'meeting' of the visit and will be working with him to come up with some changes this week while he is in physical poking range.
  3. Fixed the wiki page thanks :)
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  4. Huh. "Quietly announced" indeed, I didn't even know these existed.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  5. Well, in all fairness, they were mentioned in a news article and they have also been mentioned quite a while on the top of the website as well as through in-game announcements.

I see that they could have been overlooked (esp. if you don't pay much attention to the top of the site) but I also think plenty of effort was made to keep people informed. Heck, some players have already started to sell them in their own shops (and advertise(d) for it).
    BitcoinDigger, FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  6. True. I did see mention of them, actually.
    But because it must've happened gradually, I never really went "Hey, I haven't heard of those before, I wonder what they do?"
    WardleDeBoss and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Awesome!

I'm not sure how challenging #4 is, but that one definitely seems to make the most sense in my view. I can't see any downside to it other than potentially it takes a bit more space on the page - but that's well worth it.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
    607 likes this.