Looking for ideas for an Event to celebrate Pride Month =D

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crystaldragon13, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Hello all!

A player came to me today asking if EMC was doing anything to celebrate Pride Month. :oops: I didn't know so I asked and was told we didn't have anything planned but.. If we, the community, want to come up with and help plan something (within reason of course :p) then we can go from there.
    Sooooo... let's hear some ideas!!

edited:
    I forgot to add .. let's think of something that a Dev is Not needed to make it happen. :D
  2. How about a rainbow themed FireFloor or how about a giant rainbow build where you can find renamed blocks?

Those are some of my ideas lol.
  3. I also was leaning towards a rainbow themed fire floor as well SkeleTin. =D
    We3_MPO and SkeleTin007 like this.
  4. Not sure if this is possible but was thinking that it would be too cool if a riptide trident had a rainbow effect when used.
  5. yaaas
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. Umm, unless there is time near the end of the month - with the 1.19 update dropping Tuesday and already a huge project in the works - I don't want us to get hopes up of doing much for dev related stuff on short notice :) Depending on how the month progresses, that could change. Just fair warning to control expectations

Edit: In other words, I think the goal of this thread should be things that don't require dev stuff. :)
  7. unicorn pride horn with rainbow effect a end rod looks on u head like a unicorn horne and like rainbow effect
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  8. Rainbow sheep raid boss would be a fun group event. Maybe a rainbow wool head/leather hat would be a cool reward for being part of the event.
  9. So the thread is about an event idea and not a promotional item.. Hmmm!

What about a build event where the colors that can be used are rainbow themed and only those colors.. maybe like a rainbow village where each section is it’s own color and when you view from the sky it’s a completed rainbow flag space looking village.. might make a cool map art event..
  10. Yes! I guess I forgot to mention that in my excitement. :oops: Thanks for bringing it back down to manageability. :D
    We3_MPO and SkeleTin007 like this.
  11. Maybe using colors for self expression as other colors not in the rainbow are used in pride :) I agree with making it not about a promotional item.
  12. What about a build contest of local materials, with a full blown miner mania with boss fights... While wearing colored armor? Horses too.

Perhaps teams in same colors, even shields? Leather armor does make the whole thing a bit more frightening. You can only bring shears/colored sheep to build with? Other items need to be local from event. It might take a long minute ... Or a whole weekend.

Survival 😲
    SkeleTin007 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  13. These are all great suggestions! I'd love to hear more if you have them. =D

14. I think you have the spirit CD13! I noticed the subtlety of your posts changing color to represent the pride flag. Don't think that I didn't notice that! >:3