[Locked] The Story of the Universe. (NOT FOR DISCUSSION OR DEBATE)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Warlord678, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before I start this thread, I want to say the aim of this thread is for me to tell a story, the story of the universe. If one wants to debate the legitimacy of the story, then they can go to the previous thread, which was converted into controversial. Debate there, not here. Any other comments/factchecks are welcome.
    The Universe was born in an event called the "Big Bang". Before this event, it is unknown whether Space and Time can even be applied. Actually, we know that Time and Space as we know them cannot be applied. We know nothing about what came "before"(if before is even applicable) this event, not even on whether Time, Space and Physics apply and exist as we know them.
    It is speculated what came "before" (if such a concept can even exist) was a "Singularity", containing all the Energy that has ever been, is now, and ever will be. In this "Singularity", the model of Reality we have now fails. General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics simply fails to adequately explain what the Singularity is. It existed, that is all we know. It was there.
    But then, something happened. Something very important. Something that would become everything.
    It is unknown
    what
    happened.
    It is unknown
    why
    it happened.
    It is unknown
    how
    it happened.
    All we know is that before, there was nothing.
    Then, there was everything.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Universe.
    You live here, in this vast expanse. But it wasn't always this way.
    Enjoy your stay; I'll explain a bit about how this place came to be, and how it is, and how it will end.
    Right this way, reader.
    I have a story to tell.
    The biggest story that ever was, and ever will be.
    The Story of Everything.
    nyhl likes this.
  2. sounds fascinating
  3. What's the point of this thread tbh
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. its story time shuuush
  5. Alright.
    The next second or so in the Universal timeline is... quite speculative.
    We're still figuring this thing out. We don't know everything about this. And I'll need to use some pretty small numbers here.
    Do you know about Scientific Notation? If not, here's a crash course.
    x^y means you multiply x y times.
    For example, 10^2 is 100. 10^3 is 1000.
    x^-y means you divide x y times.
    For example, 10^-2 is 0.01. 10^-3 is 0.001.
    Now that you understand Scientific notation, we can truly begin.
  6. The next second or so...
    ah.
    If you blinked, even once, you would have missed so much.
    Good Times.
    It was fun, even if I understood nothing that was happening. The Joy of Creation.
    Anyway, the Universe was expanding. Rapidly.
    At roughly 10^-43 seconds, before the Planck Second had passed, we speculate a Force existed in the Universe. This Force, existing due to the unimaginably hot temperatures of the Era, were Gravity, the Strong Force, the Weak Force, and Electromagnetism united as one. It's probable they're all just aspects of the same Force. Keep an eye on Gravity. It becomes very important later. At this point, Gravity breaks away from the others and becomes its own Force.
    At the 10^-36 second, the Strong Force also broke away from the now Electronuclear Force; what remains after this is now the Electroweak Force. Then that broke apart too, after the whole inflation deal.
    At some point, the Universe started expanding. Rapidly. It expanded exponentially, making it bigger. A lot bigger. I don't know what happened. But it got bigger. A lot bigger.
    After this, the Universe was filled with something called "Quark-Gluon Plasma". This was a soup of Quarks and Gluons, Gluons being the Carrier of the Strong Force. Its manifestation given form, if you will. But the thing is, the Quarks and matter were a Soup of Matter and Antimatter, in ostensibly equal amounts. This means they should have continuously destroyed each other as the universe expanded, leaving the Universe all but Energy.
    But it didn't.
    Instead, something broke the symmetry. We don't know what, but there wound up being more Matter than Antimatter.
    This is called "Baryogenesis."
    In 10^-6 seconds, there were a lot of Baryons and Mesons. Baryons are a type of matter created by 3 quarks, and Mesons are a type of matter created by 2. There are more details, but I won't get into it. Some of your favorite Baryons are the Proton and Neutron. All the Mesons are unstable. Then they all destroyed each other, as mentioned above, and only a bit of Matter remained. The same thing happened with the Leptons, after about 1 second after the Big Bang. Some of your favorite Leptons are the Electron and Neutrino Trio.
    Don't worry. At about this stage of the Universe, we can finally simulate this stuff in a lab! Yay?
    nyhl likes this.
  7. Haha, the next few hundred thousand years were unimaginably boring.
    Protons, Neutrons, they were already fully formed into things like Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium and just a dash of Beryllium. Nucleosynthesis, in the forge of the Universe. But nothing interesting. I was there, you know. I saw it happen. It was all so fast. I was there, but being there does not allow one to know everything.
    Sorry, I'm monologuing again.
    Well, it wasn't that boring. There was an invisible war going on.
    Gravity, weakest of the fundamental forces, and Dark Energy, the force pulling spacetime apart.
    Dark Energy, which is still quite a mystery in these days, overwhelmed Gravity in the whole. But Gravity did not give up so easily, no. It fought back and managed to assemble... little clumps of Gas. But those clumps of Gas would be far more influential than you would expect. These clumps would assemble into the Superclusters of today.
    But other than that, nothing really impressive happened.
    Things get fun soon. The Electron comes into play.
    nyhl likes this.
  8. 377,000 years. It's been a while.
    The Universe undergoes a paradigm shift.
    Finally, the Electron can combine with the Nuclei that spin around the Universe. Before this, all Ordinary matter was Plasma. Now, the Atom can begin to exist, and all the states of matter as we know them.
    At the same time, the Photons started moving freely. Moving... long distances. I have to correct a factual error; this was the time period in which the soft white light dominated. I couldn't see anything, but just know it was beautiful. Not that you could see it, the sheer temperatures would destroy one's body. Good thing my form is not dependent on Ordinary matter. (OOC: I am not going crazy, this is just the persona.)
    As this goes on, the Universe enters a dark era.
    The thing is, as the Photons dissipate, there are no light sources in the universe that produces Photons, so there are no Photons to see. The next 150 million years are the most boring in the Universe. It is dark, if reasonably warm. Some speculate the background temperatures could allow for life, as some of the first stars create a Solar System that is hospitable for living beings. Of course, that is all hypothetical. In addition, stars likely did not exist in the times where background temperatures could support life.
    Other than this, there is nothing special about the Dark Era.
    But soon, things will get truly exciting.
    Soon, you will meet the Star.
  9. It is much like AltPunisher's history threads. It's quite pointless, other than the part where one tells a story.

10. Odd.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...r-best-living-minds-on-nonsense/#68beca9c7566

The big bang caused a 40-50 year dead end in the study of cosmological physics... even when we are using more advanced technology than we have ever known to exist? Weird. Thank you alchemy(chemistry and applicable quantum computing) for saving the progression of science in this dark times of the philosophical indoctrination of physical limitations.

Do tell us what it is we are missing here. Is it a concept that the greatest minds of today have wrong or is it some technology that you possess that you haven't released to the public?

I am also a little worried about that term "fact check" while using: "possibly, unknown, speculative, THEORY" how is someone supposed to fact check something that admittedly isn't a fact at all?

I put together some other fact checking links for you. I got them from this thing called a dictionary:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/speculate

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/probably

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/possibly

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unknown

The dressing is nice but when you get down to looking at the basics of the story, it is just that, a story. You invited fact checking but that simply isn't possible.
  11. Oh for God's sake.
    I made the mistake of telling you to get out rudely last time.
    I will only say this once before summoning a Mod.
    Please direct all debate to the previous thread.
    I'm not picking a fight with you. Not here.
  12. I am not picking a fight with you. I am simply pointing out that you asked for fact checking when that simply does not apply here.

and god has nothing to do with it
  13. That's it.
    I'm summoning mod assistance. I've PMed EvilToade. Hopefully he can be of help.
    I've had it with you using a thread for not its intended purpose but as a debating ground, this time when there was in fact a debating ground. I've told you more than once and expressly stated at the TOP OF THE THREAD TO NOT USE IT AS A DEBATING GROUND.
    607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. Please lock this thread.
    I would also request your assistance with keeping Gawadrolt off my future threads about the universe.
  15. is it a universe? or a multiverse? Why do you apply the ideas that I offer to you as being related to my being? Might I suggest some anger management courses?
  16. Whenever you show up, my intended purposes for a thread is derailed.
    Therefore, it makes sense to make sure you don't show up.
    Now, I will create a third thread. I'm not quitting.
  17. I did not derail your threads, you are doing a splendid job of doing that yourself
  18. I'm not even going to grace that with a reply.
  19. THE IRONY!!! So, when at what point in the story are you going to start talking about flying cars? That's always my favorite.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.