[Live Stream] Empires in Development!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. new preview!

Res Reset and Res Unclaim have also been updated to use this new Super Captcha Confirmation Prompt...

This prompt will super enforce that players read the items lore in order to confirm, and fully understand the action they are about to perform.
    RaYzAmi, ThaKloned, Krysyy and 9 others like this.
  2. Cool!
  3. Interesting! I wouldn't hope such a thing to be necessary, but it probably happens more than rarely that someone gives someone permissions without realising what permissions he's truly giving...
    SkeleTin007 and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  4. Captchas in minecraft? God help us, the voting ones are horrible, some of them make me do 3 captchas to vote and they don't remember you even though that's the whole point of recaptcha. I appreciate security, but this is just my personal opinion.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. The whole point in the internet, is so that bots don't overload the databases with useless accounts, and also for legitimacy. Captchas are owned by google i think, and they determine if you have a human behavior analysing your responses, mouse movement, computer data, etc...

In EMC, many players accidentally /res reset their res, while they meant to /res default their flags, so by completing the captcha, is to absolutely make sure that it is your fault that youj reset something, or that you gave another person a permission
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  6. The problem with our current confirmation prompt is that nothing MAKES you hover over the paper item to read the text. So many times the warnings are missed.

Though we can add the text to the green/red buttons too, which i will do, but still for more important actions, require a more thought process confirmation.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  7. What is Empires? Some new outpost feature?
  8. Faction creation(no pvp nor griefing obviously). Just the faction creation. The landclaiming part(outpost) will come after.
  9. Aikar's posted about them several times in this thread.

TomvanWijnen and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  10. "... as Aikar's fingers continue to tickle the ivories of the coding keyboard.... music to everyone's ears..."

11. HUGE progress today! Streamed for about 13 hours.

We now have more tickets closed than open lol, but the open ones will continue to grow :p

Pretty much have almost all the basics done of membership and permission management (invites, joining, creating and giving roles, assigning permission to roles), including cross-server synchronization so when something happens in your empire that you should know about, you see it no matter what server you are on.

You can see all of the commands currently implemented here:
    https://gist.github.com/aikar/907dd5d99fae52e66e8816db55b6df31
    crystaldragon13, SirTah, 607 and 2 others like this.
  12. I don't know if this has been asked before, but if it is, I'm sorry.

Can you be in multiple Empires simultaneously?
    607 likes this.
  13. It's been asked before, but I don't recall seeing an answer; I'd like to know, too. :)
    nltimv likes this.
  14. Please remember to allow 'colour' aliases. ;)
  15. Yes.

I'm likely going to tie supporter rank in to a maximum # of empires (but giving free players at least 3), but you will set a "Primary" independently on each SMP.

The primary controls what [TAG] is shown beside your name, and will factor into what Empire gains experience for you doing things on that server w/ other Empire members etc.
  16. If the names of empires have to be unique, dibs on either The Galactic Empire or The First Order.
  17. Names and tags have to be unique, cross direction.

If someone's Empire is named Cat with tag MEOW, you can't use CAT as a tag or Meow as the name.
    607 likes this.
  18. Not sure if you saw my last Question,

But I also Had another... Is there the ability to have more than one owner? for say people who have alts?

Also, For those who are offline, will you still get notifications for the empire as if you where online?

And Is there anything special for those Empires who will tend to stick with building Builds, and all? or is it more focused around players Mob Hunting and mining?

I think this is also what some others are wondering as well... So maybe you can shed some light on these?

~Finch

P.S. I dont think anyone will have issues with names, as I think the name should be the outpost name you made when you established it.
    607 and jossytheninja like this.
  19. This work isn't about outposts. that stuff isn't decided yet.
    As shown in the preview pic in one of my previous post, you can give another member "Owner". Permissions are role based, not rank based.

If 2 people have Owner, they have identical power, and only staff can assist in removing an owner. players can never remove someones owner role themselves.

There is a "Log", That spurred an idea that I need to have log levels, and let normal members still view the log, and put officer/admin stuff on a different level.

Rewarding for pure building is kind of difficult.... theres no cleanly identify "Player built a nice looking house!".

In the future if we can identify building like behavior, maybe, but this is not going to be any kind of priority.
  20. :eek: I can't tell you how much I love this update!! Yay!! and not to even mention all the work you've been doing Aikar. Very nice to see you back streaming again and so excited. We're excited too!! :D

Thank goodness we have an owner who loves to code! =D

Whoot!! I'm so excited!!