LIght up Pumkin heads for the 2015 Halloween special promo

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by REMOVED91684, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Mods can introduce new gameplay mechanics; EMC runs off plugins, which cannot. We have to make do with what Mojang provides and work from there. That's not to say it's not possible, but it's definitely not that easy.
  2. It lags because of Light updates.
  3. EMC does not use command blocks to create features. They are far to resource inefficient.
    Penguinub likes this.
  4. I could see a night vision helmet being an alternative to a light source, but that seems pretty OP.
  5. It's actually much harder to do than you'd think. :p
  6. Dynamic light sources actually aren't possible like this in Minecraft's default source code. It may be possible through gameplay changing mods, but everybody would have to download the mod in that case for it to work. Also, the sun in Minecraft doesn't actually give off light. That hasn't been a feature since early beta versions of the game.
    tuqueque, ScrObot and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. But night vision with blindness that makes it impossible to see past a certain block radius? Could make for not only an interesting special item for players but for an intriguiging and easy to program special item :) that's just one of several ways this could be coded. As far as jackbiggins comment: I am not that familiar with Java so excuse my ignorance but there are several poorly thrown together mods that mimic such a thing. Even the mod that I use to show enemy health bars has this really annoying thing where it lights up the area when you first "ping" the server for that information. Which I definitely changed in the mods files so that it doesn't do because headaches or seizures could have easily been a side effect lol. It was annoying the way it worked and as stated I don't know how the code works but I would have a hard time believing that it would be hard to code. Forget the sun: shaders.

Which might only be possible like jay2a said from a client side mod but either way goes to prove that dynamic lighting in minecraft is not at all impossible.
  8. Could it be easier to just extend the effects of the night vision potion indefinitely, instead of a helmet? Or have a never-ending bottle of night vision potion that is soulbound?
  9. You know whats funny, that this already exist (in a way) with last year's promo...and is better because it lights and it gives candy.

let me tell you that EMC allows mods... such as Dynamic light. so when you wear the jack o lantern, it will light up the area. I tested it:

Before

Putting on mask:
    Result

Disclaimer: i do not know if this is server-wiza(meaning that it will prevent mobs from spawning) but I know that it gives light
    Gawadrolt and ObscureGolem like this.