Lets see yout rigs!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HxCami10, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Acer Aspire 5750-6667 Intel Core i3 quad core 2.4Ghz 8 gigs RAM, 640 gig harddrive, Intel HD 3000 integrated with 1700mb VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium/Windows XP Pro. Strangely, I get about 20-30 fps on minecraft, but get a lot better framerate on other games that have better graphics than Minecraft.
  2. The title of the thread is let's see your rigs, is it not?

Where are all the pictures? :(

If I am not mistaken, both the pictures of actual PCs posted are mine...

You boys all gonna let the girl beat you? :p

3. Here is mine :) let me go get a pic of my specs and stuff...

EDIT: Told you my Windows Index Score was only brought down from my hard drive

Attached Files:

jaqiefox likes this.
  4. 15" MacBook Pro retina. (Mid 2012)
    2.3 i7
    16gb of ram
    1G NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    AT&T 4G mobile hotspot.
    Mac OSx Mountain Lion

A great rig for minecraft at home or on the go! Love this thing.
  5. Bolded part is false. Not saying you are lying, just check your source:p
  6. Well then in that case i am wrong lol:p I must admit, that CPU is making me jealous..:p
  7. The WEI is a very bad judge of system performance as a whole, it is only there for people that don't know or care to know any better way to judge system performance.

That said, mine gets a 7.5 to 7.7 for every part. It went up from a 4.1 when I upgraded to an SSD. 3 months ago, the SSD got 0.2 points higher than it does now, even though wear leveling and TRIM is fully functional.
    Also, WEI does not test more than one CPU core IIRC nor does it test for NUMA style memory pools, meaning those with some of the newer architectures which allow you to split up your RAM banks into multiple separate memory controllers each independently addressable by each CPU core, WEI shows about half the memory bandwidth and latency performance your system actually gets on multithreaded apps and multitasking and even less for the CPU itself.
  8. Me too :eek: thats like a 1200$ CPU
    Manglex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. I have a Mac Osx!! Awesome Computer never lag!!
  10. Not even, lol.

The processor was about $1100, Video card was nearly $4000.

I put everything I had into this beast. I NEED MOAR.
    Manglex likes this.
  11. you havent seen the computers at my school
  12. Well 1200$ is close to 1100$, its still close, and WHO THE CRAP NEEDS A VIDEO CARD LIKE THAT!!! are you a 3-D modeling designer? and engineer? and animator? My dad is an areospace engineer, and hes got a 2000$ CPU, idk what GFX card, and 4 monitors at his work.
  13. My computer sucks. Period.
  14. I think I crapped myself when I read these specs..
  15. Me too! lol thats like a $6500 computer! (since he said he has a $4000 GFX card)
  16. I'm going to college for Electrical Engineering. Having a major kick-ass PC, while working at a PC Parts store is not too bad. Of course, I purchased everything through newegg, so it was expensive. Sure, I didn't need this PC for what I do. But, it's nice to be able to play Arma 2: DayZ in HQ without lag, while on a second monitor having a script emulator running to simultaneously edit scripts while in game. Then, on my third monitor, I've got the computer application I use for dealing with customers.
  17. I tend to hang out with a crowd of people to whom a single physical cpu isn't enough to do their job, or they simply prefer multiple socket systems for many reasons... of which I do too, however I simply cannot justify the cost for myself. When you get into dual and quad socket systems, costs go up right quick, $4000-$10,000 is a normal amount to spend on those systems, sometimes more. Some of them run physics simulations or high end CAD and 3D generation software and getting the product out the door early nets you thousands in bonuses, late nets you thousands or more in losses.

The video card the person above bought is a professional dev board, either they are ill-informed or are working in this industry I have just talked about because the performance of those boards is not any higher in games than their gaming counterparts, the only differences are more reliable more thoroughly tested cards and more features in the silicon that are only truly useful for digital dev work.
  18. Wow.... I'm really sorry to say this... but you've been had. :(

I really hope you knew that card wouldn't net any better performance than the top tier gaming counterpart before buying it...

Also, newegg isn't much more expensive than most other online retailers, it's actually usually cheaper on balance.
    Manglex likes this.
  19. Correct, the video card I purchased will not necessarily help me in gaming as much as others. However, doing some editing in Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe CS5 in my spare time, trying to learn the ins and outs of it, greatly helps.
    Manglex likes this.
  20. In those cases, I would have honestly recommended an older dev card in a secondary slot, combined with a dual-gpu card for gaming in the primary.

(before becoming disabled, I used to be a freelance PC technician and adviser to companies and individuals from end user to medium size business)