Lets see yout rigs!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HxCami10, Sep 9, 2012.

1. But your raptor must make up for the lack of noise from your workstation cooler :p
    God those things are noisy haha
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. Oh I forgot to post that mine is a 7.5 on with windows experiance rating. the only thing keeping it down is my hard drive
  3. ASUS G75VW.... it's a beast to carry around, but worth it!
  4. I call BS on this one. I highly doubt you have a properly functioning Hackintosh running on the specified hardware.
    If you wish to refute this, post a video booting into each one of the operating systems, without cutting the video together. I want to see a constant stream from beginning to end.
    jaqiefox likes this.
  5. I dontsee why
  6. Alright :) ill do that for ya. theres a patch for the sandy bridge that i had to use. i used tonymacx86's stuff :) iboot+ multibeast
    Twitch1 likes this.
  7. That's mine too, I don't care I get back pain after a while, it's worth it.
  8. How do you people know so much about computers, All I know is it's a dell desktop...
  9. Okay, here we go.

Main workstation / gaming pc Tifa:

AMD Phenom II x6 thuban @ 3.4GHz default voltage, Ht bus running at HT3.0 spec speeds
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard (with intel azalia codec audio, 108dB SNR@192KHz/24 bit)
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB factory overclock edition with factory two-fan heatpipe cooler
    16GB (4x4GB) Kingston HyperX 1.65V 9-9-9-24 at 1.5v, at rated speed and timings
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer (first generation before OCZ buyout) 420w
    Intel PRO/1000 GT PCIE network card
    EVGA 120mm heatpipe tower HSF with 120mm SFF-21F low noise S-FDB 150,000hr MTBF Scythe S-FLEX hydrodynamic bearing cooling fan
    OCZ Agility III 60GB SSD
    Seagate 7200.12 500GB SATA2 HDD
    Two DL DVD+-RW drives, some brand I cannot remember which is more reliable than LG and most other brand name drives.
    iomega zip-100 smoke-clear atapi zip drive, with atapi to usb2 adapter as there is no pata on my motherboard
    sunbeamtech blue UV clear case, with slight mods for air input filtering
    WinGauge USB LED system meter gauge, removed from case and glued to inside of clear case
    unicomp customizer 101 raven black, modern buckling spring keyboard (they bought the model M mechanical patents from IBM/lexmark and make the exact same stuff but in usb with winkeys and all)
    old microsoft wheel mouse USB optical 1.0, the one before they started getting too small for my hands
    professional audio HT amplifier, Kenwood KM-208, 5-50,000 Hz true amplifier range, true audiophile 2.0 channel speaker amplifier, paired to some high quality old school floor standing speakers. I need no subwoofer to feel the music here, they are part of the main speakers.
    Dell 20 inch 1440x900 LCD, no it is not full 1080p but I ruined my best monitor going to a local LAN party and this is quite good enough in the interim until I can find another, and this is 16:10 with high image quality, which I love. 16:9 feels too "short" for me.

This system is both power efficient and powerful, both silent and ear-ruining loud. Everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't.

Why do I have an ancient zip 100 drive? look below...

Classic genuine DOS gaming computer Fuzzy:

AMD 386dx40Mhz cpu/motherboard
    8x1MB FPM 70nS 30 pin SIMMs
    Trident 8900 256KB VGA video (looking for a good ISA 1MB card in pristine working condition)
    3Com 10Mbps ethernet/aui/thinnet network card
    Sound Blaster 16 (genuine jumpered version, no PnP here!)
    ISA IDE I/O card
    micro ATX thin desktop case modified to take baby AT motherboard
    230W AT power supply
    1.44MB 3.5" FDD
    ATAPI Zip 100 drive
    24x IBM CDROM drive
    Seagate 3.2GB IDE drive (quantum 2.1GB is on order, 3.2GB belongs in my pentium 200MMX machine)
    IBM post model M non clicky keyboard
    15" 1024x768 HP LCD (no CRT they make me throw up from flicker)
    DOS 6.22 Windows for workgroups 3.11 with win32s y2k and networking patches
    not shown: kensington serial mouse with scroll wheel
    not shown: dell speakers with good sound (I am picky about my sound)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. google piriform speccy
    run it
    know all :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Pc at work:

Intel Core i7-3960x Six-Core Processor Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E @ 3.9ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 Motherboard

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR ConnectX 2 VPI 40Gbps PCI Express 2.0 x8 Network Adaptar

G.Skill Ripjaws Z Seriers 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 2400 SDRAM

AMD 100 - 505632 FirePro W9000 6GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card

EVGA SuperNOVA Nex1500 1500w Power Supply

HD P2000 AP860A 600GB 15000RPM SAS 6Gb/s Internal HD

Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme Liquid Cooling system
  12. Not to be a stickler, but that isnt exactly yours...
  13. ouch, acer sucks. lol, every single computer/thing/monitor they've made is craptacular. haha
  14. you still agree.
  15. I agree with the computer part, but i love this monitor!:p
  16. all i know it has 4gig ram and 300 gig hard drive
  17. It is in fact mine, actually.

I referred to it as my work PC because I used my paychecks from work to purchase the components, and in turn leave it at work so I can use it to work.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. Nothing Fancy, but it is fancy..

Intel Core I-7 quad core 3.2 ghz
    8 gb ram ddr3 1333 ghz
    Nvidia 540m 2.0gb
    1tb sata hard drive
    jkjkjk182 and firefromwithin like this.