Least favorite U.S. state?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Jul 4, 2018.

?

?

Alaska 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Hawaii 0 vote(s) 0.0%
California 4 vote(s) 50.0%
New York 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Texas 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Utah 1 vote(s) 12.5%
Tennessee 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Mississippi 0 vote(s) 0.0%
North Dakota 0 vote(s) 0.0%
other (preferably listed in thread) 1 vote(s) 12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And my choice is... Tennessee! (Although most of you probably already know that.)

Why?
    • Many people here (but of course not all) are bigoted, even in some of the major cities. In Nashville, Memphis, and Murfreesboro, it's different, but there are still some bad apples even there (which would be the case anywhere of course).
    • While it is warmer than a lot of the country, the Winters are still cold/snowy/unpredictable enough to suck, the late Springs, Summers, and often Autumns are so hot and humid that it gets unbearable often and dangerous sometimes, and we still get the Autumn foliage and aren't dominated by evergreen foliage so it turns ugly parts of the year.
    • In most of the urban areas and even some of the rural ones, traffic sucks. There's just so much growth that they can't keep up with it all themselves, and the mass transit is very poor, and the railroad companies tend to ignore the problems.
    And before you ask about the "homey feeling" and "mild climate"... it doesn't feel so homey here to me with the things mentioned above. And I don't consider the climate mild at all because while the temperature VARIATIONS are often relatively tame, humidity makes even the slightest hint of heat suck (you get covered in sweat quickly because it won't evaporate), and it's nearly always either Winter or Summer (and when they're going to start/end or when we'll get a real break are nearly impossible to predict). I'll be more than happy to leave this horrible place once I get of age. It's so bad that I would consider moving here for any reason to be foolish (except family, which I consider to be less important than friends and relationships, and in some cases not important at all, so yeah even that...).

What's yours and why?
  2. If we're speaking weather wise, it would have to be Virginia, simply because you might need a light jacked in the morning, and by noon you'll die of a heat stroke if you're in more than shorts and a t-shirt...and that's just the winter
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. California
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. Let's keep politics out of the thread please.

EDIT: Decision reversed to a closure after discussion with staff. If you wish to continue the discussion please take it to controversial topics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.