[Just For Fun] Noobiness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Xinn, Dec 11, 2012.

1. When I first started, I only played on peaceful. Even though I was playing on peaceful, I spent my first night offshore on a boat. I knew how to do most things because I had watched "How to Survive and Thrive". Although I did set my house on fire... and I almost burned down an entire forest...

When I first started EMC, I payed 200r for a wolf spawn egg.
  2. ^^^same
    I made a wool/wood house. And added a fireplace. And lit it. >_<
    Oh yes, and also I once bought a stack of diamonds from the empire shop. :p
    PenguinDJ, mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. I didn't realize there was a live-map, so a bought all the supplies needed for a map from the empire shop.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. I paid 500r for endstone! :p 10 of it I put my sheep on it
  5. I first fell into minecraft in beta survival. First thing I did was setup a multiplayer server for me and 5 friends. We were out of college for the christmas break, and literally had back to back nights of staying up until it was bright outside playing.

Our list of noob moments:

We did not realize you had to walk from spawn when you died. All walked off to find where to build, and ended up in random places - dead, and never found them again. (This was pre beds and maps).

Crouching was an option then, but none of us knew about it. Can't tell you the number of deaths by falling that could have been avoided. We used to put water under everything to avoid dying.

The patch where spiders could climb walls came out right in the middle of us playing. The scramble and surprise was pretty excellent. All structures had cactus fences for a while.

Misplacing a tnt and having no way to pick it back up was always excellent.

More to come, have to think about them.
  6. ... and no one admits to building the towers that cover these parts, next to spawn.

I know some of you have done it!
  7. When PandasEatRamen and me first lived out in the wild at LLO, i built a fire place yet my obsession with wool caused me to build the roof out of it. The house caught fire. I some how always end up making a house out of wool and building a fire place in it, im surprised my resident hasnt burnt down yet since i dont have fire spreed off.
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. I just remembered another one. When I first started, I didn't know that one only has to break the wood blocks in a tree. I always broke the leaves because I didn't know they degrade over time. Which is why I crafted a flint 'n steel and went to clear some trees with fire; as clearing trees when destroying the leaves is annoying. Partway to the trees, I realized I had forgotten something and went back to my house; which I had unknowingly set on fire when trying to open the door. Only the floors of my house were made of wood, and I quickly put out the fire. So I went back and set some trees on fire, not realizing how easily fire spreads. After that I didn't use a flint 'n steel in SP for a long time.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  9. "How to survive and thrive" introduced me to the game, then got me through it.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  10. My first day on EMC I had this unbearable lag that spawned me on top of the tutorial. I couldn't figure out how to jump so I ran around then I changed servers.
  11. I was a cheapo at one point, so i made a house out of dirt in the End. I bet you can guess how well that worked out -_-
  12. I remember playing in Creative mode for many months not realizing that the shift key let you descend. So whenever I wanted to fly down, I would go out of flying mode, fall, and then try to catch myself. :p

I also remember having a underground lake in front of my very first house, and one night I fell into it, only to discover a zombie down there. Somehow, that one zombie managed to kill me at least three times as I kept trying to go retrieve my dropped gear, never realizing that 1 zombie is not a terrible foe that cannot be defeated by punching.
  13. Me too.
  14. I was unaware of the miraculous substance called "obsidian and bedrock" when I was building some of my tnt cannons- usually I would time it wrong and blow everything up.
  15. i was in the nether (on emc) and i saw what i see today as a blaze grinder, so i broke it hoping to let it out and tht it would be friendly, i later figured that it was very valueble :/
  16. i spent 2 hours on the emc tutorial...
    penfoldex, mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  17. What is walking? How do you open your inventory? How do you 'use' a workbench?

I spent my first hours digging around with a stick without knowing how to use a workbench, I placed it and everything, just didn't knew you needed to right-click ;o
  18. I have never told anyone this but.

In the 1.2 days I decided to go to the wild. After crossing a couple mountains I decided to head back except I didn't know which direction to go. After walking 500 blocks straight i found someone's Wooden house who said it was okay to be there and a half built frame for a wooden house. I was out of wood so I took some wood from the frame :O greifing! And then I tried to find my way but I couldn't. In the wooden house there was a trapdoor and after opening it I went down a ladder where i commited suicide in the lava but before that I used some wood to make signs and I even put a sign saying

Lost Ville
    Population: 1

Back then I didn't know about the livemap or f3.
    marknaaijer and PandasEatRamen like this.
  19. /ban Jeanzl2000 for griefing.
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.