Jungle Bushes

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Mar 9, 2024.

1. I've recently been using my jungle mansion at the MPO as a base of operations for what I'm working on, which made me wish more than ever that you could replant those beautiful jungle bushes after cutting them down. I hate that you'd have to rebuild them manually given the lack of saplings.

What else do you think jungle bushes should have besides their own leaf and sapling type, though? I'd also really want them to be useful in some way, especially given that jungles are supposed to be naturally very lively. Maybe they should be blackberry bushes bearing edible blackberries? Hazel bushes bearing edible nuts? Myrtle bushes that arthropods are scared of (mosquitoes avoid southern wax myrtles in real life) and also retain the jungle color regardless of biome (southern wax myrtles are evergreen and really lush even when planted in marginal climates like Tennessee and the coastal mid-Atlantic USA)? Holly bushes that bear berries poisonous to us but loved by birds (chickens, parrots, phantoms, vultures once those are added) and, like the myrtle bushes, stay a lush green in any biome? What other uses can you think of that you may want? Although if hazel bushes were added and replaced jungle bushes, I'd want them to also add hazel wood to those bushes (not just leaves) that you can make unique hazel fences out of, similar to the unique bamboo rafts.
    607 likes this.
  2. I've never given much thought to them, but you're right, it's interesting that they cannot be grown, while other types of vegetation can be!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Indeed! Even azalea trees have their own leaves and saplings despite using oak wood for stems. It's tragic that Mojang doesn't at least do something similar for jungle bushes.
    607 likes this.