it appears that monster is having trouble getting to you... it resisted the attack

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Zbid, Oct 29, 2017.

1. ... is the message I get sometimes when hitting a skeleton (I think). I couldn't find any reference to this feature anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction (or explain me what this is about)?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. It means that you can hit them but they can not hit you. So in return you diminish the reward you get from the mob when you kill them while they are unable to kill you.
    TheBidule likes this.
  3. The reference on wiki: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/custom-mob-drop-risk-gauge/

Also it says it is related to EMC special mobs, but apparently, the risk gauge (that specific message you are getting), and the attack resistance as a result, is affecting regular skeletons as well.
    I have no knowledge to say if and when it might be fixed, but it is annoying , to say the least.
    PetezzaDawg, TheBidule and 607 like this.
  4. thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

It looks like the diff of the specific fight is decreased, but it does not say anything about 'blocking' the blow.

I'd like to know if it does in truth blocks the blow or if it is just a generic (-misleading-) phrasing for 'your cowardly attack will bring no special rewards'.

To explain the situation : it's a skeleton trapped in a killing chamber in a mob farm, so it can not fight back indeed.

The problem is that it is stuck there with various other mobs and I'm killing them manually with a sword. Their hitbox are overlapping each others.
    It seems that if it's this specific skeleton's hitbox that takes the blow when I hit the mass of jumbled mobs' hitboxes, and if he does in truth block it, then I have to hit and hit and hit hoping the blow will fall on another mob's hitbox, by chance.

If anyone have the answer (anyone using a manual mob farm? or skeleton XP farm?), I'd gladly hear it!
    607 likes this.
  5. Add a simple lever controlled crusher, hit the lever and all the mobs will die including the "broken" one

Also, you should put sweeping edge and smite V on a sword for maximum killing ability, even better with a strength II beacon.
    TheBidule likes this.
  6. thank you for the advice. I actually resort to a bucket of lava and was thinking about a crusher, but there is alas no room for it in the design I have.
    And I just bought a smiteV enchantment and put it on a looting/sweepingEdge/mending diamond sword, that should cut these bones like a hot knife does butter.:)
    ShelLuser, 607 and Baradar67 like this.