Issue loggin in

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Deislyn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. My daughters account was hacked about 5-6 weeks ago, the hacker only had it for about a week but in that time they changed her name. Mojang made her wait 30 days to change her name back to the original one and prior to doing so she was able to play on Empire servers without any issues using the name the hacker gave her. just the other day we fixed her name back to exactly what it was before the hack. but now she cant log into Empire realms or forums. on the realms...

"connection lost. Kicked whilst connecting to SMP6: Name Change Detected - we are updating out systems with your new name. Please reconnect in 15 seconds. Please use your NEW name to vote and log in to forums"

15 seconds has long past... its been over an hour.

When trying to get onto the forums to investigate the issue, she could not remember her password so we did a 'forgot password' when using the Character name it failed with a 'something went wrong' pop up, when doing it with her registered email address it sent her a link but upon clicking it she was directed to a page with 'your password could not be reset, please try again" error.

we suspect there is an error or extended delay maybe in 'updating' her name and while this does not matter too much for her on the forums, she cannot get on the realms to prevent derelict status.

Please advise
    607 likes this.
  2. Your daughter tried to join the server again after the name change kick, right? Make sure her account is on 1.12.2.

You can send a message to support@empireminecraft.com to work out the forum situation if she is unable to remember her password and the "forgot your password" option does not work for you.

I hope this helps, please let me know if it doesn't. :)

Edit: I would recommend contacting senior staff at pmss.emc.gs if the issue persists or if she needs derelict protection.
    607 likes this.
  3. sorry to hear she was hacked, ive had the happen to my alt, it really stunk

i dont know much about the name change system on EMC but in the meantime i think you should still be able to vote which extends the derelict timer by 7 days,

hope you can get it fixed :)
  4. She cant vote if she cant log into the forums, we've always had a problem voting because there are 3 of us on the same IP address and after the 1st person votes, the others get the 'you've already voted today' message so we don't do it very often anymore (even thought I know at least one of us should)

I just checked her status from my account in-game and she has a week or so before derelict so there is some time to get this worked out. In game it is still reporting her as having the hackers name so I know it didn't update yet. I also just tried to log into her account in-game from my PC (now 3 hours after the first try) and it is still getting the 'try again in 15 secs' message. its odd 'cos this didn't happen when the hacker changed it... it kicked her once and then she got right in after that.

I will try again tomorrow and hope by then its updated so she can log in, otherwise I will message that email Moople posted.
    607 likes this.
  5. Whelp! as soon as I posted the above message, I figured I'd give it one last go before heading to bed and it loaded!
    even though 10 mins before it would not... dont know how or why but im not gonna complain... she will be happy its fixed though! Thank you for the help!
  6. I'm glad it's fixed! :)
  7. Some things just work themselves out by themselves, it seems. ;)
  8. You just need to turn it of and on again lol