Is this even Minecraft anymore?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HelloKittyRo2, Oct 2, 2015.

?

Do you look forward to buying this?

Yes 2 vote(s) 9.1%
No 20 vote(s) 90.9%
  1. If they were trying to make it a Minecraft story, they should have made it more like Minecraft. As I said, it doesn't feel like Minecraft since they implemented things that aren't even in Minecraft
    StarEaterOnline likes this.
  2. You can't know what it feels like yet. Play it first, or at the very least, watch a longplay of it, before talking about how it feels.
  3. It won't go over well due to the fact that its Microsoft attempting to capitalise on Minecraft, due to its declining sales and the fact they bought Minecraft for $2.5 billion USD too late to make a worthwhile profit on it. Mojang couldn't make another good game even if their lives depended on it, so Microsoft are obviously going to have to reach out to other, well-known, profitable development studios with a consistent track record of good games.
    Minecraft won't be a franchise until Minecraft: Story Mode comes out. This game is a chance to develop what Minecraft as a franchise means.

P.S I'm not excusing the crappy player models of the game. They look like someone tried to make a Minecraft animation rig and gave up halfway through.
    607 likes this.
  4. I posted a video which had included gameplay in the OP..
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. It seems people think this is a minecraft game. It's not. It's a telltale game. The title obviously being misleading. This will probably go over well with people that play telltale games but not likely to with people that don't. Expanding upon the intentionally underrated graphics of minecraft is a no brainer. You see it in almost every youtube "story-line" video series of minecraft. Making it so that its interactive to the story and not "boring." An ACTUAL minecraft story mode that features minecraft instead of telltale would be pretty cool. I always thought that was missing from minecraft and to get any kind of story/history on minecraft you have to do a lot of digging or make up your own. I'm fine with that though. Usually those that make stories about minecraft are unhindered by preconceived notions of how the story should persist. You see the opposite with a lot of star wars games where they use "star wars" but make their own story. The problem being that everyone expects certain things. When making a story about minecraft all you really expect is blockyness, building or references to building and references to the updates in some sort of fashion(redstone/nether/villagers/etc)

This game isn't going to flop I don't think but its not going to be minecraft big. Anyone going in expecting this to be "a minecraft story" legitimately is obviously going to be let down. It's better that you know before hand though so this interview and gameplay demo is really good for telltale to get out there before they get flamed for the obvious.