Is pokemon go dangerous

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 23, 2016.

?

Is it a dangerous game

Yes 10 vote(s) 17.5%
No 47 vote(s) 82.5%
  1. By putting this, the game tells you it's not the fault of Nintendo if you die catching another rattata because it gave a ''warning'' 1st.
  2. I say its sorta dangerous if u are walking in the street and just pay attention to thier phones but if u pay attention and stay out of the street it is totally safe. BTW my friend got a big cut from pokemon go i got none
  3. *Niantic, not Nintendo =P
  4. the people who only have played pokemon go will never understand the dangers :p

and as above stated
    i agree with it not being dangerous but that people should use it correctly
    you need to be aware of your surroundings like the game says
    if you see a car driving too you, what's important, the ratata or your life?

i also think a lot of these accidents are done just for some attention
    or some really stupid peeps

and last but not least
    i don't really think more accidents are happening
    it's just easier and more important in the news if its linked to pokemon right now
    so it might look like there are more accidents but i don't think there are a lot more

i hope you guys understand me, i'm not so good in explaining stuff in english xD
    ESSELEM likes this.
  5. Pokemon Go isn't dangerous.

Stupidity is, though.
  6. For me, Pokémon GO is not dangerous at all.

For my phone's battery life, Pokémon GO is very dangerous and lethal.
    wisepsn, kaptrix and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. I agree with u
  8. This game is showing how many blatant members in our society, not caring of their own safety.

If your reading this, congratulations you haven't been murdered, robbed, or hurt.
    SirTah likes this.
  9. You just need to read terms and agreements =P
  10. Natural selection in its most modern and finest form.

Can't be bothered to look up from your overhyped game when crossing a road - a lesson that has been hammered into you for all of the years you've been alive? It's your own fault if you get turned to red floor mush by a lorry.
    FoxyRavenger, SirTah and TomvanWijnen like this.
  11. Yes, to my knowledge this game is dangerous. Somebody could shoot you while you are looking at your device, or it could take you to very dangerous places. I think this game is bad, and should not be used.
  12. If you look at your device while texting is the same thing... Which makes it not a valid argument. People that dont read the instructions of th game which is "stay aware of your surroundings" then you will be fine. Wo dont catch a pokemon while crossing the street... Common sense as any other app that requires you to interact with it: like messages

The idea of stops and geting awarded by going there is NOT a nee concept, waze has it as many other apps, so going to dangerous places is not a valid argument. In the terms and agreements of this app it says that you can not blame the game for you braking the law by traspassing to somewhere illegally(which could be somewhere dangerous) to catch the pokemon. The only dangerous thing about this is due to the user's negligence
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  13. If somebody could shoot you while you're looking at your device, they're going to shoot you anyway. This part doesn't make sense lol.

The dangerous places part... eh, maybe. There's a lot of abandoned buildings and rough-ish areas where I live, but it's up to you to not go there.

That last part oddly aggravates me lol. It's your own fault if you harm yourself while playing the game, not the game's. Be aware of your surroundings, stay alert, don't be a frigging idiot and you'll be totally fine.
    jkjkjk182, 607 and Keliris like this.
  14. The only thing bad about the game is the bugs :).
    The game itself takes you nowhere on its own, its you who goes out to stupid areas. It in no way forces you to go down to that scary part of the road where dangerous people are. Those are not reasons to not use the game, they are reasons to be more aware of your actions as SoulPunisher touched on.
    tuqueque likes this.
  15. The game itself is not dangerous whatsoever, what is dangerous is the people playing it. If they don't have the ability to stop playing for a few seconds, then they shouldn't be playing at all! Anything can be dangerous if you make it dangerous for yourself.
    tuqueque likes this.
  16. Theres nothing dangerous about it, People are just stupid xD You dont have to constantly look at your screen. Literally turn on battery saver, turn it to vibrate mode, and as soon as you find a pokemon it vibrates Then you can Stand Still in a safe location and catch it. People are just stupid
  17. Pokémon go is only dangerous if you take your attention away, one thing to mention is to be very very wary when playing the game around strangers, there is numerous stories (and youtube videos) of people going to a lured pokéstop and being mugged or kidnapped! however this isn't Pokémon Go's fault its the dangerous people who use the program to their advantage and decide to use it in a malicious way. Pokémon Go is a great game and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone (except like 5 year olds) just while your playing it pay full attention to the environment around you and , be safe out there.
  18. There are apps now that literally tell you what pokemon is in an area and where it is. Saw a YT video on one that actually uses the games API to find the pokemon for you. Sadly, I am unable to play this game but its super interesting to see someone already have an app released to basically cheat for you :p
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  19. As said, the game itself isn't dangerous as such, only when people play it and don't pay attention to their surroundings do they then put themselves in danger.

Only time the game is dangerous to others is in like one of the aforementioned examples with the police car getting hit by a person playing Pokemon Go in their vehicle. People can be put in danger due to other people's stupidity.
  20. Thank you, Soul. Idiots are dangerous. We just have a few idiots playing the game that make it look bad for everyone else.

In related news, someone was arrested for trying to catch a Pokemon on the White House lawn.
    SoulPunisher and 607 like this.