is it rude to go to other people outposts to check them out

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by g26curtis, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is, you disobeyed us, deliberately. Say you made an outpost of your own, and it was just starting to expand, you had everything, and you denied a players application, and they decided to come anyways, how would you feel about that?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. You're point? Its like saying, "No, you can't live in my real life house." but yet you still come over, and walk around in it, with out being told you could.
    jkjkjk182, mba2012, PenguinDJ and 2 others like this.
  3. I would not mind if they came to check it out and check it out. I'm not rejecting anyone from mine as long as they don't steal or grief anything. Mc is about showing off creations
    I would actually find it flattering and it shows interest. If they made the trek I would have reconsidered and again I won't be rejecting anyone.

CLOSE THREAD
  4. From what I've gathered here - you visited an outpost in which you were rejected from.

The whole point of an application is to filter the amount of people visiting the outpost; if you were rejected, it means that they would not like you visiting their outpost.
  5. I hate it when people just invite them selves to an out post :(
  6. ICC, but couldn't it lead to greifing. One may hide from the map and travel tens of thousands of blocks, in hopes to hide their base only to have it exposed by some non-supporter who is curious who leads a greifer straight to the base inadvertently.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  7. If you want the thread closed, contact a moderator.

Yeah, but it could lead to potential griefing. I really don't want an outpost griefed just because of one player not following directions.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. Does that make sense please? He visits an outpost, and you automatically ASSUME that he is gonna grief? Yes, I would get worried. I would maybe ask him to leave. But it won't necessarily lead to griefing, so don't accuse him to that. Stop just jumping on him and attacking on him.
    g26curtis likes this.
  9. You really don't know the entire story. g26curtis applied to be a part of an outpost that samsimx started, and I'm the co-owner, and we denied his application for our own reasons. So, he had a conversation with samsimx, and he asked if he could come anyways. samsimx said "that would be rude", so, that should've notified him not to come. For say you made an outpost, and it was very secretive, and you had to apply to come out. Would you want a player coming out that was denied, and even after you told him not too, he came anyways? I wouldn't. I'm not really attacking him, I'm stating the obvious of what has occurred.

EDIT: Anyone is a potential griefer.
    THE_LEGEND4 and PenguinDJ like this.
  10. The griefer part is still not necessarily true. Yes, he was wrong and visited your outpost, but this thread was all about that. He did lie and leave out big blanks. Now that it is over, it seems like most people on this thread is saying the same thing, like they are attacking him. Everyone makes mistakes, you have to accept that. It was rude, but it was his own fault; everyone in the empire has at least done 1 mistake.
    g26curtis likes this.
  11. I can't argue with that.

12. I came before samsinx told me it was rude
    I went then told it was rude, so you don't even have the story straight

Mabye that's why your mad, after he told me it was rude I respected that and did not come back

Also I have never seen a greifer on emc, they are not common on emc
  13. But was a thread necessary? No. You were denied and told not to come back. End of discussion. Respect the outpost leaders' wishes, which you should have done from the beginning.
    THE_LEGEND4 and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  14. Now here's what I don't get. How did he know where to go? Was he given the coords even though he wasn't successful in his application? If so, you've got yourselves to blame a little there.
    And anyway, you don't own that part of the wild and you can't boss him around with where he can and can't go.
    g26curtis likes this.
  15. You can wonder around, but it is rude (but not illegal) to still go there after he'd been denied entry.
  16. Well whatever no more arguing I have my own outpost now with 9 people so I'm fine now but

Please end of discussion
  17. Some of the players don't have /map hide and three of us were trying to get back to town at the time.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  18. I'm not steaming mad, but I am angered by your decisions of what you did. Why did you even want to come in the first place, we told you not to.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  19. I already explained this

I wanted to see how you run it so I can improve my own outpost

And you did not say not to come until I talked to samsinx which was after I tried to get there but died 4000 blocks away from spawn

Then I talked to Samsinx and he told me not try again and I haven't

I never even made it to the outpost
  20. Those don't seem to agree with each other... it'd be easier if you just told the truth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.