Is gambling banned?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DC626, Feb 5, 2012.

1. It's coming very soon. Just finishing up final touches on things! We don't want to completely ban the fun and games, just regulate them a bit so nobody gets ripped off. :)
  2. The EMC Gaming Regulations have been posted.

I'm posting the link here to bring it to the attention of those who have interest in it.
  3. Didnt see this at first im a bit new i will stop and tell new people not to do it thanks :D
  4. Not that anyone really wants my 2 cents, but my 6 year old plays here occasionally and I don't have any problem with the gambling. It is my wife's and my responsibility to instill a good value system in our sons and hiding them from the realities of the world doesn't do them any good. I realize that not all parents take their responsibilities as seriously as we do, though. In any case, getting scammed a few times should be a good learning experience since real-world gambling is as big a scam in all cases as it will ever be in games. The difference is that in the real world you're losing real money--you know the same stuff that you pay your mortgage (or rent), buy your food, clothing, and medicine, and purchase entertainment. This is just a game. I personally keep my gambling very, very occasional (like blowing a dollar on the Powerball when it gets over $150M) and have never gambled in the game, but I don't begrudge others their vices.
    FooHundred and Dark_Liz like this.