I'm a bit out of the loop. Can someone explain to me how the End works on EMC?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by AdinD, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Are there multiple portals/Ends on each server or is it one portal per world? Does the dragon respawn? Can you get eggs with silk touch? Can you silk touch those dragon healing things?

Thx!
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  2. one end each in the frontier and one in the waste on each server 3 if i understand correctly portals that are 1kish away from the center spawn if they haven't been destroyed.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. There are two ends per server. One in the waste and one in the wild. The dragon can be fought as many times as you want thanks to a new feature in 1.9. I am pretty sure you cannot mine dragon eggs so no. I am also pretty sure you can't silk touch the crystals but you can craft them.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/worlds/

And please let the contribution team know if there is anything not listed. Sometimes what is obvious to the older players that have contributed is not obvious to new players.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. There are 2 main survival worlds on each server: Wastelands & Frontier, each have their own End world. Frontier is used for building, not so much mining (though it's not forbidden) so it's advised to stick with the Wastelands if you want to kill dragons, get shulker shells, etc, etc.

You'll need to find the end portal in order to reach the End.

Frontier has roughly 3 or so strongholds, which makes them harder to find. If you got an outpost and want to find an End portal you're better off starting your search near an EMC outpost. However... If you use Eyes of Ender to find a portal and find one which doesn't work you can ask the Senior Staff for help.

Wastelands has a ton of strongholds (10+ at least) and you can use Eyes of Ender to find it.

Once in the End you can use End Crytals to re-summon the dragon. This will not get you a dragon egg, only the original dragon dropped an egg and those have been killed in ages long past (I always wanted to use that, sounds nicely glooming :D).

You cannot silk touch end crystals, but you can craft them yourself. When placed in your residence you can use a stick to collect them (right click with stick, just like you eggify a mob).

Crafting an end crytal: ghast tear in the middle (bottom row) and an eye of ender above. Then surround it all with glass.

Hope this helps.
    Wanderton, Equinox_Boss and Daynsyy like this.
  6. I read through the wiki and it didn't specify if all 9-19 portals lead to the same end or not. I'm going to assume the same one?

Also does the Dragon give anything else besides XP?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. yes all in the waste lead to the same end and all in the frontier lead to the same end
  8. Does each stronghold lead to a different end?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. no
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. All strongholds in the waste lead to the waste end, all strongholds in the frontier lead to the frontier end.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. There is two Ends for every smp. As there are 10 smps(assuming you count utopia anyways. :p), there are 20 End Worlds. The Frontier/Wilds End Portal leads to the same End World as the Wastes End Portal. For example, I want to go to smp2s End, I simply have to find the portal either in the Frontier/Wild, or the waste and I will be there. Once in the End World, you are actually inside of an outpost so you can type /home right there and be back inside of town. You can also optionally take the end portal to go back to the Fortress you just left(assuming the Dragon is dead :p). I hope this helps explain whats going on for you. :)

Edit: See Shellusers post below mine as I made a Drastic mistake... :p
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  12. No, that's not correct. This got changed in 1.9 when we could respawn the dragon. There are now 2 End worlds per server: a Frontier End and a Waste End.
    Equinox_Boss and SUPERI0N like this.
  13. I completely forgot about that. There's how long it's been since I was to the end... xD
    Thanks for the correction. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. This thread was helpful for me too! TIme to end mine :D